Tank of the Month - September '06

Congratulations. Very very nice tank and set up. It always shows when there has been dedication and time consuming love applied to a system.

I see kip. I total agree with you on shipping, because it can be a pain. Though i have never try shipping any livestock yet, but i do order them online a few times and from reefcentral selling thread so kind know how hard to seal everything right before shipped out..

I have a 1.5lb live rock with a frag of 10 of polyps bright GSP and a single Red Button Polyps. The red center part will soon become Red Skirt and Green Center.

as far as shipping goes... i got a bag sealer off ebay for 20 bucks... best 20 bucks i ever spent

Unreal setup you have there Kip. I'll definitely come check it out as soon as I can since you aren't far from where I live.

thanks

if/when you do come... i doubt you will see the reef as seen in this months TOTM. I am soon to do some heavy re'scaping.

nice tank!! Makes me want to start another tank :D

So... what is the latest lighting configuration?
I am surprise CS8-2 is able to keep up with the bioload..

thanks folks

been running 3x 400w EVC10k SE on mangetic w/ 2x 140w VHO actinic for about 3 weeks or so now.... i really like this combo

the XMs used to the full tank shot and mentioned in the article came and went with the wind (i was in the middle of a transition as i was writing the article and snapping the pics)

skimmer.... it is a cs83 (if that matters)... but the pump was upgraded from the stock sedra5000 to a 9000 giving me a good bit more performance out of it. also, with the gate valve, i have the water-bubble line turned up pretty high so it is skimming pretty aggressively

other than that... yeah, i am interested in a new skimmer... if nothing else, just to have a new toy

hey kip, a bit off topic, but i have to ask if youre also on saltwaterfish.com? theres a kip on there (one time it was kipass) who was really helpful.

Kipass4130 ... then a coupla variations

i was there for about 10,000 posts ... then management decided my presence wasnt needed

there was a good, solid gang there years ago, but i think everyone ended up moving on.

phenominal!!! i thought it was a longshot. reefcentral is my lifeline these days, but i have to tell you that I owe you and some other people at SWF.com everything! wow. i started there back in 2002 and, for obvious reasons, migrated out and found RC. just never knew you made it over here too.

just want to say thanks for all the help you lended back in 2002-2003 and really helped me get off the ground and into the hobby as I am today. thanks!

glad to be of service

i re-registered over there the other day to post and give props to Bang, broomer, et al. .... didnt get much response. (although i know broomer has taken a hiatus from the hobby for a while)

i spend most of my time on a local club board and here now.

What a beautiful Tank and setup. I strive to one day have the space and conviction to do something as beautiful as yours is.

Thanks for sharing.

Back