Tank Pics

eengmd

Pretty boring right now. Here is my set-up, 28 gallon nano cube with a 150 watt HQI retrofitted with 2x18 actinic PC. I have a refugium in the rear of the tank with chaeto, rubble and a light that comes on when the main light go out all controlled by a Aqaucontroller. The return is with two maxijets 1200 and I have 2 koralia nanos. I have a counter current skimmer as of now. As of 3.5 weeks, my parameters are as follows:

pH 8.0-8.1 (it may run a little low since we have no outside air and a new home)
Salinity 1.025
Amm 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Phos 0
Ca 440
Mg 1150
dKH 10.5

I have re-aqauscaped many times but I think I am done now. I have approximately 35-40 pounds of live rock. I have a few crabs and snails and that is about it. Oh a few pesky aiptasia that survived round one. The first is with the moon light LEDs, the second with the morning actinics, third is with HQI.

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

Hopefully that worked!

Well my wife is a bit mad since I spent an hour trying to post the pics. The links work. Sorry. I better go be with her.

That was the aquascaping plan. I also have rocks I can remove easily since corals come with rock attached. I learned my lesson the first time around. Other lessons learned include get the lighting now and have really good flow.

i dont know if its just me but it seems your Mg is just a little low for the CA and Dkh you have. by little i do mean a little though.

tank looks great, its amazing how much bigger they make 28 gallons look.
cant wait to see it stocked, let me know if you need any zoanthid frags and i can try and help ya out.

thanks for the pics

Ya know...those nano tanks look much bigger once you got rock work and corals in them.

Good luck with it!

Back