tank recommendations

Yinger

Premium Member
After a 15 year hiatus from this hobby and the nod of approval from my wife, I've been getting the itch again to get back in.

First things first, need to figure out what tank to get. I've been looking at Elos, WaterBox, and Red Sea. Any other recommendations and has anyone had any experience with waterbox?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome back. I only have experience with BioCube. I’ve heard many recent issues with RedSea busting a seam (but we all know the negatives get posted more than the positives). I’ve heard of Waterbox getting the occasional leak (not as often as RedSea but I don’t think they sell as many as RedSea).

I’ve heard pretty good things about Cade (though pricey), Innovative Marine, and Planet Aquariums. It just depends on what you’re looking for

What size tank are you looking for? Might help in making the decision. Are you considering acrylic??

After a 15 year hiatus from this hobby and the nod of approval from my wife, I've been getting the itch again to get back in.

First things first, need to figure out what tank to get. I've been looking at Elos, WaterBox, and Red Sea. Any other recommendations and has anyone had any experience with waterbox?

Thank you in advance.

Any of those are fine. I would stay away from RedSea I feel their stands have been designed wrong and lead to failures.

I’ve heard pretty good things about Cade (though pricey), Innovative Marine, and Planet Aquariums. It just depends on what you’re looking for

Some other good recommendations.

Welcome back! I've been getting quotes for a 250-300g new and used so will follow and provide tips. :)

If looking that big check out custom Aquariums.
I had them do a custom aquarium for me and it was fantastic. Best tank I have seen, way over built.

Glasscages is supposed to have turned things around, I know they got bad reviews in the past but I have heard nothing but good reviews lately.

Welcome back….. almost
Thanks Richard! I was hoping that some of the older members were still around.

Welcome back. I only have experience with BioCube. I’ve heard many recent issues with RedSea busting a seam (but we all know the negatives get posted more than the positives). I’ve heard of Waterbox getting the occasional leak (not as often as RedSea but I don’t think they sell as many as RedSea).

Thanks! I actually really like cade's setup. Never even heard about them. might have to go that route, I do wish they had some more sizes available though.

What size tank are you looking for? Might help in making the decision. Are you considering acrylic??

Thinking either a 36x24x22 or 48x24x22. I prefer glass since I have young kids and would worry about them scratching acrylic.

Welcome back! I've been getting quotes for a 250-300g new and used so will follow and provide tips. :)

Thanks! Wish I could go bigger at this time, but that would be a hard no from the wife lol

Any of those are fine. I would stay away from RedSea I feel their stands have been designed wrong and lead to failures.

Some other good recommendations.

gotcha, thanks for the head's up. I'll definitely steer clear

If looking that big check out custom Aquariums.
I had them do a custom aquarium for me and it was fantastic. Best tank I have seen, way over built.

Glasscages is supposed to have turned things around, I know they got bad reviews in the past but I have heard nothing but good reviews lately.

I remember glass cages from before. Glad to hear they turned things around. I'll give them a look as well as custom aquariums. Thanks!

Just checked out custom aquariums. Price is not bad for a custom tank! I wonder if they do acrylic as well I went through their glass tank calculator. I actually do not have my wife's blessing yet but planning in advance...:D

Back