Temperature Sensing Fans

shouldabenacowboy

I was floating around eBay and came across an item which I thought was kinda cool...basically it is a cooling fan for a hood with a temperature sensor on it so it only turns on above 80`. I have played around with some ideas but can not seem to find anything small enough to look nice (all I have is larger industrial temp sensors that require another external power source).

Anyone have any DIY ideas here..........??

Here is the link to the auction.....clicky..clicky..

Thanks
SBC

Those are more oriented towards actual lighting temps. and not so much water temps. Remember we are trying to lower the water temp, not the air temp.

Icecap and a few other companies make very similar temperature controlled fans. For 20 bucks, I'm not sure it'd be worth the trouble to DIY. If anything, it'd be a component in a DIY hood.

They do make them. They are single/dual stage temp controlelrs. A temperature probe for air is much different than a probe for water. A single/dual stage temp controller would be much better and then you can hook any fan you want to it.

This is a single controller. They work great with a chiller or fans. You would need the dual controller for fans and a heater etc..

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7586707654&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1" target="_blank">CLICK HERE</a>

I was going to use a temp controller, but decided to just plug them into the light timer, so the fans and lights come on at the same time. I was also mulling over just leaving them on 24/7, to help control humidity inside the canopy, that might be the best option, fans are cheap if they do crap out.

Back