Test kit

jahel318

I'm thinking of getting the Salifert master testing kit. Anyone have any experience using Salifert? What are your thoughts.....pros/cons? Wha't the best kit out there right now?

Last edited:
I like them. Sometimes the colors can be a bit difficult to read, but I think that's just the male brain, the gf always tells me the colors are obvious. Other then that the only con I can think of Is equipment quality. I've had two of the plastic vials crack on me for no apparent reason. The cardboard and instructions start getting warn out if your doing a lot of testing (as much as I try to keep everything dry I must just be a clutz) other then that I like they're accuracy and simplicity. I got completely sold on the redsea for the quality of the hardware and the price was comparable with the salifert. Can you link to the salifert master kit? (Just out of curiosity,)

I have used Salifert for many years and I love em. I gave the new red sea tests a try and the Salifert is much easier to read than the Red Sea and more accurate. Salifert does have the plastic vile VS the Red Sea glass vile but that is about the only con I can think of.

I think you would be happy with the salient test kits they are great for the money. I personally like the red sea kits a little better but that may just be my preference. If you want to spend the money the Hannah checkers are awesome with the exception of the one for calcium. What all do you plan on testing for that may help others give you a more straight forward answer.

Back