The budget bruiser LED build...

@MrMan - looks good. Can those be mounted directly on top of a heat skink? Also, is that something you are considering making a couple extra?

@MrMan - looks good. Can those be mounted directly on top of a heat skink? Also, is that something you are considering making a couple extra?

They're designed to mount to the heatsink for cooling using a thermal gap pad or thermal tape. The input voltage is on the bottom side which is why there needs to be isolation but lots of options available for that.

If there's interest I have a few boards left that I could build up, but not worth building them 1 at a time due to cost

They're designed to mount to the heatsink for cooling using a thermal gap pad or thermal tape. The input voltage is on the bottom side which is why there needs to be isolation but lots of options available for that.

If there's interest I have a few boards left that I could build up, but not worth building them 1 at a time due to cost

Thanks for the info, appreciate it and it totally makes sense. I actually have a pair of blueacro drivers but I'm running into difficulty with soldering the PWM leads. There isn't a lot of wiggle room due to how close the holes are. His revised drivers have a connection - mine don't :D So just looking at options to power my acrostars. It was pointed out to me that your driver may have them thus my question.

Regardless I'll still have to include another middle man / driver that takes the PWM signal and coverts it to Apex's. Steve's has that available although not sure how well it works.

@oreo57 - yes. Steves's are cheaper. I've not seen the other ones before that you linked. Thanks for the Neptune thread. I didn't see that one before. I may have another problem though with my power source. I bought a MeanWell HLG-240H-36. I didn't see any pwm leads. My smaller MeanWell's have them so I'm thinking I needed to buy something with another suffix to designate pwm...

@lingwendil

curious if you have done any more work on your cluster. i've gotten mine up and running and been messing with i and really like it. realized today I wasn't paying attention to what Vero I hooked up and put a 3k one in it instead of the 4k I planned on my cluster. overall like it, barely run much white though.

need to figure out why a couple of my zoas are ****ed since I switched from a SBreef i was using temporarily to my light full time this past week. they only stay open part of the day.

I ended up with:

Luxeon K16 running at 1000mah
2 3up stars with Lime 2xCool Blue 2xHyperViolet 1xCyan running at 700mah
Vero 10 3k running at 300ma

these are pics of it running at 40percent Blue 100percent "color" 15percent white. messed with camera settings a bit, this is a pretty acurate look to the tank.

xM3vtAu.png

KkgCeW5.png

AXjeHKM.png

Looks good!

I haven't had much free time lately, and last I messed around with the custom controllers I was having compiler issues getting the code to work, so no updates yet. The last couple months have been very busy, unfortunately. I'll hopefully get a crack at hooking up a driver board this week.

Nice looking build you've got it seems. What controller are you using on it?

Looks good!

I haven't had much free time lately, and last I messed around with the custom controllers I was having compiler issues getting the code to work, so no updates yet. The last couple months have been very busy, unfortunately. I'll hopefully get a crack at hooking up a driver board this week.

Should I order a couple Wemos's to program and send over? [emoji16]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looks good!

I ended up punting on a fancy controller. just solderd up a TC420 like Jeffkrol posted how to do on plantedtank. needed it to work and couldn't get MrMans Blynk setup to work properly so I ended up punting, i'm sure its my error, but needed it to work since i needed to give back my temporary light i was borrowing. the only downside of the tc420 is 1% royal blue is still brighter than I would like for a moon light.

Should I order a couple Wemos's to program and send over? [emoji16]

I've got three of them sitting right here, but if you're offering, should would be faster the way my spare time is lol.

I've got three of them sitting right here, but if you're offering, should would be faster the way my spare time is lol.
Probably take a month to get here but yea I can do that. I'll get a couple extra to play around with too, thinking about designing a controller based on blynk, it's got pretty nice logging/graphing features that'd be good for temp/ph

Back