The Puffer that could!

Dastank

Premium Member
Strange story, Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢m pretty new to zoos, but I'm totally addicted to them already. I live in Okinawa and the color selection can be a little thin, so you have to keep looking to find something new. When you find them though, they are cheaper than in the states. Anyway, I've been building my multi-colored collection for a while and I've done it all in a tank with a saddle puffer in it. It maybe playing with fire, but my wife loves puffers and allows me to spend more on my tank hassle free. To my amazement he's been really good, considering that he'll eat anything, he hasn't touched a zoo at all. This evening I was looking into my tank, memorized by the zoos, and that dirty little puffer darted out and started nipping at a small colony. As I contemplated the disappearance of the puffer and the ramifications it could have on my tank budget, I noticed there were a few small snails on the zoos and he was picking them off and eating them.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Are there other fish, besides a seagrass wrasse that will help keep your zoos pest free?

my puffer ate my zoas ....lucky i just put in a test rock with like 5 of them on it....guess no zoas for me...i just have acros in there now and they are fine....yippie

I thought I would post a few pictures of my hero!

Puffer001.jpg

Puffer007.jpg

Back