The up grade has begun

anthony27

I am going all out to a 120. I have had it with the 40 breeder series of the reef tanks.

I am going with a mag 12 for a return and I am keeping my skimmer and upping the pump on it.

Lighting is going to be a 8 bulb cooled moded tech light 48".

I have to start planning all this out but I know I am going to use my 40 as a sofie, o boy I broke something off in the tank. :) (not a frag tank Larry )

I know for a sump I am going to go with 2 20 long tanks. :hmm3::hmm3:

All the rest I have to plan and wait.

lol I can not wait either. speaking of up gradding where is your tank ????

it's going good, i got the rock, playing with various scaping now, got all my plumbing parst should be here next week , and in 2 weeks i get my sump and lights so now i just have to wait ...

I am going to need rock,

I was thinking of drilling the rocks out and making shelves. Has any one doen this beofre.

Harry, no pictures of yet. I will post when I have. I know hard to imagin.

Mike I am def going to need help. I know I am going to losse coral. I get nervous moving and changing the tanks.

I know the light is going to be a big plus in this.

Jarret I am going to all the rock I can get, does any one have any idea of how to drill rock and make caves and shelf's

Mike I am def going to need help. I know I am going to losse coral. I get nervous moving and changing the tanks.

I know the light is going to be a big plus in this.

Jarret I am going to all the rock I can get, does any one have any idea of how to drill rock and make caves and shelf's

get a drill and acrylic rods. and since ur doing mostly sps i wouldnt put more then 100lbs this way u have plenty of room for grow out. take a look at reefbums website and see how simple he rocks were. id show u a pic of my tank now (the rock work changed)...but the latest pic was on my phone that is non functioning right now....ill take pic tonight tho.

Well Iam lucky cause my dads firend is breaking down the 120 because his wife just had twins so the tank is out. He used it for all softies and had the worst listing on it. It is not drilled and he had 2 empror 400 filters. He did not know about reef keeping but then again you really do not need alot for softies.

As for more of my luck, I was over Bat600 house and he has a 75 gallon. I am picking up in June. It is a 75 with 8 bulb tech lighting with active cooling and running off of a 660 ice cap ballest. All the bulbs are kz. Over flow box dual drains 1inch and a half a inch return in the middle of the tank.

I am getting this for a steal.

Yeah harry I am I would not post this up if I was not going to.

I am not going with the 120 right now I am going to have it drilled. I will set up the 75 and then the 120 as a sps tank. I know it may sound stupid to all of you cause the 120 is better but I do not have the funds with the wedding and all to go buying lighting and all for the tank I will def go mh 2 250 over each. I am going to go with ice cap ballests and reef flux bulbs. I will have 4 T-5's with ice cap 660 ballests.

For the 75.
Lighting:

Lighting will be the tech light with 8 bulbs all kz and active cooling. I am going to have the light 5 inches over the tank.

Stand:
It is a all glass stand, I am going to bore out 2 holes in the stand for 4 inch fans to blow air into the stand to cool off the inner workings.

Filtration:
I am going to have a mp40 and a mp10 and a koralie 3 and a koralie 2

Skimming:

I am going to use the mtc250 with a mag 12 crancked up.

Sumps:
I am going to use the 20 long I have now for a sump and the 40 I have I will use my ati light I have and make it a grow out tank for sps.

Other:

I have a cal reactor that I will be hooking up and I am going to run four dual chambered bulk reef supply.

Back