think my chiller might be broken..

fdokinawa

In Memoriam
its sitting at 30 deg and not kicking on.. hasnt kicked on in a day or two now. anyone know where I can get this fixed??

I'm not sure what they take.. thinking about getting another(bigger) one and then getting this one fixed and selling it to someone with a smaller tank, or that has A/C going more than I do.

If you want it to work better, reduce the flow going into it to say 200gph and see if that helps. Mine would cycle on and off sometimes before I did the adjustment and now it cycles on and off as it is supposed to. The refridgerant in those chillers is R134.

BTW, call me and I will try to walk you into the steps to "calibrate it" in case that's out of wack

I thought the same on mine but reduced further and now have better results. If anything, a fridge repair shop can recharge it for you. Considering what you are running though, a bigger chilller might provide better results.

yea, been thinking about that too.. might contact bluezooaquatics and see if they can tell me how big the box is for a bigger chiller. then get this one fixed and sell it localy.

Are you talking about sending it back to the states to get fixed?????????? If so, don't. I know folks that can do it locally and cheaper than sending back to the states.

ahh hell no. its a japanese model... im talking about ordering one from the states.

here is something else ive noticed.. i dont think its reading the correct temp.. it says 30, but the water feels cooler than that.

Sounds like it might need a calibration. It is made by the same "manufacturer" mine and sold under a different brand but the claibration should be the same. Give me a call and I will read the directions I have.

Back