Third Time's A Charm!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13471741#post13471741 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Double-J
don't rub it in!

You and I need to just go to Walmart and pick up a folding card table. We'll throw a couple 2X4s on it for looks and get your tank running pronto. I bet it wouldn't even take the whole of an afternoon. Just make sure nobody stands too close to it!

Brad

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13679814#post13679814 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by asnatlas
updates ??

Sorry for the delay. Life has been hectic.

I will try to get some new pics up in the next couple of days. I have 9 or 10 new corals, and a few new fish. I had planned on finishing the stocking by now, but one thing has led to another, and its still not quite done. Once I add the last few frags, i need to order new bulbs. Believe it or not, I have been running my 4 Radiums for a full year! I guess that goes to show how much the so called experts know. Most people say you need to replace Radiums every 5 or 6 months. My tank is looking better than ever, and I am getting decent growth and good coloration. My algae has also significantly resided.

Now for the big news that has slowed my updates. A couple of weeks ago my wife found out she is pregnant! We have been wanting kids for quite awhile, and now its finally going to happen. It looks like the tank is getting finished at exactly the right time, since something tells me the monthly tank budget is going by the wayside.

Brad

Congrats.:beer: :beer:

I can attest to the fact that the fishkeeping budget goes bye-bye. And you have far less time than you think. The wifey's instincts kick in to make you grow up and start spending responsibly long before the due date. :p

Ok. Let's start with some coral pics.

New Corals:

Atlantis Efflo center, Rosy Rosaria right. Both still aren't colored up to my satisfaction.
IMG_0163.jpg

Atlantis Nuclear Green. This one is really sweet in person.
IMG_0165.jpg

Puple Godzilla front, Grape Milli rear.
IMG_0167.jpg

Ocean Blue Hoke.
IMG_0168.jpg

Maricultured Blue Hoke.
IMG_0170.jpg

Oregon tort (boy is this one tiny).
IMG_0172.jpg

Brad

Here are some existing corals that are really looking nice:

Cali Tort. I have 4 colonies of this one, and they are all looking sweet.
IMG_0153.jpg

Green Slimer. This might be common, but it is one of the best looking corals in the hobby. Great coloration and growth, and almost impossible to kill.
IMG_0154.jpg

Tricolor Valida. This one is finicky, but it is looking good recently.
IMG_0156.jpg

Bonsai. This one needs a bit more purple, but I am happy with its comeback from a really bad case of stn during the original tank transfer.
IMG_0162.jpg

Red Ricordea Yuma. I have had this coral for years, but it never split once. Now it has two babies. The purple "chalice" behind it is also looking ridiculously great.
IMG_0178.jpg

Brad

Last but not least, here are the pics of the whole basement. It is finally done. It took a month shy of 2 years to get to this point.

Here is what it started as.
IMG_8034.jpg

Brad

Wow is all I can say! It's going to be a beautiful tank when all frags turn into colonies. :) Your basement looks great as well! It's obvious you planned to integrate everything in your basement instead of building around the tank. 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for taking the time to document everything. It will help me out, should I go bigger someday...

Here are a couple of Turkey Day pics.

Cali Tort
IMG_0298.jpg

Bonsai
IMG_0297.jpg

Purple Chalice
IMG_0274.jpg

A sweet little garden in the making
IMG_0279.jpg

Ultra Chalice
IMG_0289.jpg

Brad