This is sad

vipul

Well
I recently visited a public Aquarium in my country
and basically what I found were bleaching Coral's
tanks full of Algee and fishes in poor health

Like they say a picture says a thousand word's

This is sad........Hear a few pictures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://picasaweb.google.com/11418069...X9yobTyq2TrwE#

The great thing was thou that they were doing research on
Clown fish breeading
and they were successfull :)

Looks more like a LFS than a public aquarium to me. (Not doubting you here, just the condition that I see everything in is more in line with some LFS I have seen vs. public aquariums.)

Also, anyone else love that pic of the baby clowns with the giant nem? I did! :dance:

vipul,

I didn't see any obvious health problems in the fishes. Many of the shots are seemingly of "back of house" and not intended for the public viewing.

The corals and anemones are bleached, but that's about all I saw that concerned me...

Jay

I understand what you are saying. There were definitely some cleanliness issues but nothing overly concerning.

What is REALLY upsetting is the how those sea turtles have the totally incorrect care and those poor musk turtles in that little container! Are you sure they aren't shipping the poor things to market?

What is REALLY upsetting is the how those sea turtles have the totally incorrect care and those poor musk turtles in that little container! Are you sure they aren't shipping the poor things to market?

Na Man It is illegal to sell them in India and these ones were actually rescued from some poachers who eat it but I don't really think they are giving it a better life they should release them the sea turtles are also rescued from fishermen's net but they should be realised back I think.

When you and your friends volunteered at the aquarium to help provide the needed labor and capital to fix this, what did the aquarium staff and management say...? :)

Jeff

I looked at the fish and they actually look fat and healthy. Some of their stocking combinations are a little odd but they look well cared for. The puffers have nice clear eyes and well rounded bodies. The butterflies have normal coloration and no obvious signs of stress. The sea turtles don't look like they are in the best living conditions but they look healthy otherwise.

I think this aquarium is doing the best it can with what they have. I am sure they have a pretty limited budget to work with. I have been to public aquariums across the US that don't have fish as healthy as this one does. The aesthetics of the aquarium could be better but it looks so me like they are doing alright overall.

vipul,

I didn't see any obvious health problems in the fishes. Many of the shots are seemingly of "back of house" and not intended for the public viewing.

The corals and anemones are bleached, but that's about all I saw that concerned me...

Jay

Same, not sure what he's talking about:confused:

Back