this makes my skin crawl...

WarDaddy

58925356-M.jpg

58925358-M.jpg

58926223-M.jpg

makes you think twice before moving that rock...

Bryan thanks alot man I need to empty out around 130lbs of LR....to throw in to my 110g...

I have tons of them in my tank. And some are even really big, like i dont know maybe 3", I guess they are suppose to sting you, but I have never been stung or bitten or whatever by them.

"oh man, totally my friend she got a 2' one out of her NANO cube, she was terrified..."

Eewwww, drake66,

I don't blame your friend - at 2' that's not a bristleworm, that's a freakin' bristle-eel.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6898185#post6898185 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nano-Nag

I don't blame your friend - at 2' that's not a bristleworm, that's a freakin' bristle-eel.

roflmfao :lol:

his one was streached out over 9"... it is the biggest i have seen, I have found another big one, maybe I will catch it.

good is one thing, makes your skin crawl needs to come out :)

Nasty, the longest one I've got out of my 40 gallon was almost 12 inches.

Just last month I got a small bristle worm stuck on my finger and I had to shake it off. Fell back into the tank, no reaction or anything from him. Must be tough skin due to years of being a mechanic. I did get a small hole on my skin that was the result of the worm though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6898451#post6898451 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by silverarrow27
I did get a small hole on my skin that was the result of the worm though.

ewww~~!! *shivers*

Trust me, even tough hands are no match for the big bristle worms. Feels like a cross between cactus, fiberglass insulation, and battery acid. There are places in this world where they eat all kinds of stuff, but I doubt anyone would want that sucker on their tongue!

Bristle worms are good to have in your tank. They are scavengers and eat the crap your fish don't.

Well, there was a post where someone suggested dipping your finger in vinegar if you get bristles in you, which makes sense, since vinegar is acidic enough to dissolve some forms of calcium. Maybe they'll pickle them in vinegar and then it'll be smmoooooooth. *slurp**barf*

Back