This might be a stupid Question

laserjim

Another Day In Paradise
How high up on your overflow teeth ,do you like your water flowing over ? Barely going over, or a inch up the teeth ?

I think the water is supposed to be at the very bottom of your teeth. I think that any higher means an imbalance of flow vs capacity. I think.

I have an adjustable overflow, and I set mine for about 1/2 way up..maybe a hair more. But I have been trying to figure out why the water in the overflow is so high. About an inch over the durso 90. And nothing is restricting flow, and my return pump is a bit weak for my tank I feel.

I have an adjustable overflow, and I set mine for about 1/2 way up..maybe a hair more. But I have been trying to figure out why the water in the overflow is so high. About an inch over the durso 90. And nothing is restricting flow, and my return pump is a bit weak for my tank I feel.

Maybe the hole in the top of your Durso is to big.

3/8 is large but only because it will be loud. Water level has nothing to do the breather on a durso unless it is to small.
The height in the terth really doesn't matter as long as it removes the oil slick from your tank water surface. By my eye I just make sure there is a slight fall which causes a slight stir of the surface water.
Adjusting the height of the durso can effect the fall. The hole should not unless it is too small and flushing.

Lol. No matter how big they are they will eventually get plugged. 30 seconds to clean them isn't too bad. Drill a couple extra and it will go longer between cleanings.

Back