This sucks

I've got an empty 20 gallon with hang on filter I could lend you. You would need to replace the filter cartridge. PM if you want to use it.

ICH is already in your system... I wouldn't move the fish now... Heat, garlic, good food... Ride it out... Moving fish now will be to stressful for it... Just my thought... ICH happens... We all have horror stories...

Dont move her! Lol. How big is your system? Cleaner wrasses are great for any tanks with tangs and despite the myth that they only eat parasites I have ALWAYS been able to get mine on frozen brine. Mix that with heavy feeding. Question is do any lfs have one?

get yourself a good QT system from the start but what we did to beat the ick is remove all fish from our big tank and then treat them all with coppersafe from mardel while in quarantine then make sure you leave the tank fallow for at least 6 to 8 wks and then slowly but surely over a couple of days add your fish back in to the tank we can talk more about it during the meeting but always when getting new fish qt them for a few weeks while treating with coppersafe and then add to your tank

Agreed best way is from the start. My 240g had ich always but I had 2-4 wrasses to combat it. Couldnt quarantine that many fish lol.

this is Kenny on her username forgot to log her out she's at work right now but she's off tomorrow that's the reason why we decided to have the meeting here tomorrow

Had the same thing happen to my hippo, left him alone but fed him really good with garlic and Selcon. I thought for a moment I was going to loose him. He really look bad. But in time he fought it and won the battle and now he is doing fine and growing. Good luck.

Back