Tiny Crabs ? Acro crabs?

pnavarro170

S.T.A.R.S PRESIDENT
had one in my nice blue tip acro, he was white and i didnt think anything of it, then i noticed my red planet had one also and at night you can see it was irritating or damaging where it stayed. so i pulled both pieces out and got them out of there, one had a flat top head and looked cool. the other one white more normal looking. both tiny tiny. ive heard of acro crabs but it didnt look like they were doing more good than harm looked like they were scraping and aggitating more than helping, and with my history, i dont want anything messing with my sps corals. especially the nice ones.. i got them out and put them in my 20 gallon. RIGHT MOVE?

yeah i found a different link also, i jumped the gun a bit, the one in the white acro with blue tips was the good kind not doing any harm.

yet the one in my red planet was the bad kind and was doing harm. looks different.

I think you jumped the gun on killing all of them. I have had several in an SPS colony and they did quite will. Mine have been white with a black band around there face. I have never seen them harm the coral. I have killed the bad ones though or placed them in the fuge. Thanks

Steffen Sparks

since i was able to see the bad one brownish tiny on my red planet doing harm i took him out placed him in my 20, i jumped the gun on the white nice one in my other acro, he was the good kind but also put him in my 20 and the green emerald crab in there didnt like him at all, thats what ended up happening to both, kinda sad, lost a good little one.

Back