Tips on repairing a cracked sump

nathan1986

Just purchased a sump from a local guy and it got cracked during shipping. I emailed the seller (really nice guy) but he is away out of town for the next week or so and most likely won't receive my message any time soon. Anyways the sump is cracked on the top left side and goes straight down a good 8" or so. Does anyone have any good tips to repair the cracked acrylic?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2c4da20e7603af03baea232d1edd884d.jpg

Tips on repairing a cracked sump

I have had best luck on cracks using #3 or #4 acrylic weld. If you're down this way, I have and you can borrow as well as the needle applicator. It actually seeps into crack and bonds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had best luck on cracks using #3 or #4 acrylic weld. If you're down this way, I have and you can borrow as well as the needle applicator

I was just reading up on the Weldon 3. Should I treat the crack like you would a fiberglass crack and drill a hole at the end of the crack? And unfortunately I'm far from where you are locatedšŸ˜­

Agree on the drill to stop further. One can also weld one a thin sheet inside and it would be double reforcment. If done correctly and not bubble should be pretty unnoticeable. I have Weldon and sheet if needed. New tampa

I think I hooked him up with someone close to him that can fix in a jiffy:)

I think I hooked him up with someone close to him that can fix in a jiffy:)

You sure did. He came to my house and fixed it. Also refused payment, which I would of liked to pay him. But he seemed happy to help me out.

You sure did. He came to my house and fixed it. Also refused payment, which I would of liked to pay him. But he seemed happy to help me out.

Ryan is a stand up guy and one of the nicest I have met. Glad he fixed you up!!

Back