Today’s Acquisitions

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Just placed in the tank, but Bird of Paradise S. hystrix(?) and gold T. Maxima.

The Birdsnest is huge for a $50 “frag” and the clam was $40. I’ll post update pics once they settle in.

Attachments

• IMG_5503.jpeg
    IMG_5503.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5504.jpeg
    IMG_5504.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5505.jpeg
    IMG_5505.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I’ve been to this Petco 3-4 times now and every time I’m impressed with their livestock. Great selection and everything healthy.

This store is about 30-45 minutes from my house. The Petco 5 minutes from my house is hit or miss and usually sucks.

Last edited:
Wait wait wait…you found clams. And not just any clams but gold maxima clams…for $40 and didn’t buy me one?

Wait wait wait…you found clams. And not just any clams but gold maxima clams…for $40 and didn’t buy me one?
I can go back tomorrow. They also had 3-4” Derasas and one Ultra Grade Crocea 1-2” for $130.

Maxima not opening completely but, has fully attached to the rock so that’s a good sign. It went from and AI hydra at Petco to MH in my tank.

Last edited:
I’ve been to this Petco 3-4 times now and every time I’m impressed with their livestock. Great selection and everything healthy.

This store is about 20-30 minutes from my house. The Petco 5 minutes from my house is hit or miss and usually sucks.
I have a local Petco that has salt as well. Just not very good salt. I live about 30 minutes from Vivid Aquarium, but they don't have any clams for $40. Come to think of it, they don't have ANYTHING for $40! :rolleyes:

Kevin

I haven't set foot in a petco in ages...but for $40 clams, I just might have to! I don't remember the one local to me ever having salt water though.

I haven't set foot in a petco in ages...but for $40 clams, I just might have to! I don't remember the one local to me ever having salt water though.
The one closest to me (that I went to yesterday) is hit and miss. Sometimes the SW livestock looks great and there’s a good variety. Other times they either have nothing or everything is in bad shape.

There’s another about 45 minutes away that always has great stock in good health.

Back