Top off Switch and pump questions

Miller_Time

Hello,

I just bought the Avast top off pressure switch and peristaltic pump over black friday. I am getting ready to install these and had a couple of questions I couldn't find answers for.

1. Can I use a 90 degree 1/4" push connect elbow on the pressure switch? I'd like to route the 1/4" tubing and the current straight connector out the side of the switch is making that difficult. I would not remove the straight, just put an elbow in line near the straight connector. Also can I extend the line longer?

2. How far can the peristaltic pump push water? I know the can pull water a good ways, and I assume they can push even farther. But just wanted to confirm. I would like to mount it with my ATO barrel in the garage and thats about a 3ft down run, then about 15ft horizontal, and then back up about 3ft? Just wanted to confirm before I cut all the RODI lines to length.

Thanks for your help and I love the product!

Adding elbows and extending the lines is not a problem, just make sure all your cuts on the tubing are nice and clean and the tube is fully seated. The pump can push water much, much further than the run you have planned.

Back