tower of branching live rock for tall tank?

CTaylor

Hi,
I have a 24" wide, 24" tall tank. It looks taller than it is wide btw. It's only 14" front to back and has a large drain box from top to bottom along the back << the reason I mention this is that this effectively gived me about 10" max front to back space to fit any type of live rock/or some type of structure. I'd like it to go from bottom of tank to about 8-10" below the top. Maybe with some 'branches' going higher. This tank is tall b/c it used to be a searhorse tank. If I kept it as such then I already know I'd get fake tall tree sponges.

But the seahorses have passed... Now it's main attraction is a pair of orange spot file fish (osff) < which are eating well and happy btw :). It has some live rock on the bottom, but it's only for bio filtration purposes. It has no live coral in it.. but I am thinking of getting updated lighting like using my kessil 360 spot light on it (it has basic led now). I will likely put some coral in it once I change the lighting.

With that, does anyone know a possible prebuilt or something easy to put 'together' to have a structure that looks branchy, stable, and tall, but not deep front to back?

Is my best bet just to get a bunch of branchy rock -- even base rock (I already have bio filtration going with large boulder type rock in a back corner, and a good fuge growing chaeto). And glue this all together? *I'd ideally like to just have a prebuilt structure (which I can put corals on like some lps and possible acros) even if it costs significantly more $, as it will take me several hours to put something together myself, and then I'd be lucky if whatever I put together actually holds together and looks good.

TY!

I have seen some pretty tall fake rocks in Petsmart, that might work. Otherwise, building your own would be ideal, allowing you to customize to your tank. You can take a regular hand saw to your rocks, to get flat surfaces. Lots of adhesive options too.

Have you googled it? I found some amazing fake walls for sale, when I was building my own.

I have seen some pretty tall fake rocks in Petsmart, that might work. Otherwise, building your own would be ideal, allowing you to customize to your tank. You can take a regular hand saw to your rocks, to get flat surfaces. Lots of adhesive options too.

Have you googled it? I found some amazing fake walls for sale, when I was building my own.

TY
This might be something LifeRock Coral Tree. But I can't find a site that has dimensions on it. I think each one is different but I need it to fit in my space. https://www.fishtanksdirect.com/caribsea-liferock-coral-tree.aspx

For a tank with those dimensions and especially such little depth the best solution would probably be a cemented back wall. Anything else will just eat up what is there on depth space.
A tank with such dimensions is best suited for NPS and fish like Grammas or Assessors that live on drop-offs and under overhangs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi ThR,
I'm probably going to put both my kessil a360 on that tank, as I'm replacing the a360 on my larger reef tank with 360x spots. Two of the a360 should be able to penetrate down, as that was the only thing I used on my 65 gallon, also 24" . And I might be able to do both on 50% rather than 80-85% if I dont plan on SPS on the bottom.

I already ordered the stax, so hopefully I can make it work. I dont see why it can't esp if I ended up gluing a tower together (???). We'll see!

Back