Transplanting Mangroves tank to tank?

Tharp

Hello everyone, I'm having to move houses in the next few weeks and will need to take my tank down. I'll have to build a new stand for my tank (maybe even upgrade to a different tank) but don't want to lose my mangroves thatve been growing for 2 years...does anyone have any advice to successfully transplant, or just be gentle and keep them in grow lights?

You can wrap them up in wet news paper or just put them in a bucket with water for the move. There hardy plants.

I might be late on this answer, but I had bad success with a few mangroves I tried to transplant once established. I had 5 that were in a 20 gallon tank that I moved to another 20 gallon. They had all rooted and sprouted leaves (forgive my ignorance in proper terminology), and only 3 of them survived after the re-plant. I would try to not disturb the root ball as much as possible, as I think that's how I did mine in (I tried to untangle some of the roots, as I had planted the 5 propagules quite closely when I first got them).

I hear the salinity should be around the same from the tank u get it from or they can shock.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, i was able to keep the mangroves alive for 3 weeks in a bucket (not disturbing the root ball), but i think the water started getting too high of salinity from evaporation...i transplanted them into the new tank finally (after theyd lost half of their leaves in the 3 weeks in the bucket) and am hoping that they might get healthier now that theyre back in a more stable environment.

Back