Tropic Marin Reef Actif

Nopox and bioptim are essentially the same thing - a carbon source. I used to dose 5-10ml nopox daily in my 180 gallon but have since switched to TM Bacto Balance, which only requires 2ml daily to maintajn my nutrients at barely detectable. I don't see an issue dosing Reef Actif with nopox, but personally prefer Bacto Balance

Nopox and bioptim are essentially the same thing - a carbon source. I used to dose 5-10ml nopox daily in my 180 gallon but have since switched to TM Bacto Balance, which only requires 2ml daily to maintajn my nutrients at barely detectable. I don't see an issue dosing Reef Actif with nopox, but personally prefer Bacto Balance

I didnt know bacto balance and nopox were practically the same thing.

bacto balance is a carbon source with organic and inorganic nitrates and phosphates added in - to prevent both nutrients from zeroing out. nopox is just the carbon source (essentially a vodka/vinegar mix).

So I am pretty positive that I am going to start dosing it this week, along with NoPox since I still have 2 large bottles of it.

I will take pictures every other week to make sure there are no sudden changes, I will also be measuring alk and calc every other day along with my nutrients around 2 times a week.

I am going to start with 1/4 of the recommended dose and bump it up every 3 weeks unless I see something bad, etc. I am going to dose one time a week unless I see better evidence to spread the dose out throughout the week, but I think I read on Bülent's facebook page that Herr Hans-Werner Balling of Tropic Marin suggested not to spread out the dose over the week and to only dose it once. Maybe he can confirm that here.

This isn't correct. Nopox is purely a carbon source but bioptim is a trace element supplement. Prodibio says it will aid in nutrient reduction because it provides the bacteria with all the necessary elements but I'm pretty sure there is no carbon source in it..

This isn't correct. Nopox is purely a carbon source but bioptim is a trace element supplement. Prodibio says it will aid in nutrient reduction because it provides the bacteria with all the necessary elements but I'm pretty sure there is no carbon source in it..

Yeah i double checked this morning and found out pretty much the same thing. I still have around 10 vials left, but I am going to stop using it once I start reef actif.

I'm pretty sure bioptim is a carbon source. It contains other stuff too, but it also adds carbon to aid in nutrient reduction.

Anyway it's off topic, this thread is to discus Reef Actif

Still using 2-3 times per week

There are so many products now that results in clear water but this has been my go to stuff to get gin clear water

Still using 2-3 times per week

There are so many products now that results in clear water but this has been my go to stuff to get gin clear water

Are you seeing better growth with this product? The clear water is attractive, but the primary reason I wanted to use it is that I heard FM actually say that the biggest perk is the bacteria taking up Phosphate actually get consumed by the corals. Which is great because the corals in our Aquariums have a difficult time getting the Phosphate out of the water column. So if they consume the bacteria with the Phosphate, then they get more nutrition and faster grow.

He said most people carbon dose due to nutrient reduction which he felt is a secondary benefit (if your levels are high) but that people were missing the whole point.

Like him, I don't need the nutrient reduction, but I do want my corals to easily consume the PO4 needed for faster growth.

The idea of a safe product that can be used as a safe mild carbon dosing product is exciting. This is the same product that they put in their bio active salt. So overdosing is very unlikely.

Although I do fear burning my tips due to the clear water.?

Thoughts?

hi
ive been using this for three weeks now in hopes of naturally balancing out the tank and promoting the growth of good bac.
anymore feedback or updates?

hi
ive been using this for three weeks now in hopes of naturally balancing out the tank and promoting the growth of good bac.
anymore feedback or updates?

You can find detailed information on Reef Actif in a dedicated Note in my Facebook page (@troutsReefTank). Click the Notes section. I have been using this product ever since I published that note back in May 2017. It definitely works.

Back