Trouble with apex 4.31 firmware update

bambam918

I am having an issue with the latest firmware upgrade. I printed out the instructions and followed them however; I can not get past step #5.2. These are the steps I have taken so please let me know what I can do or change to get this update.

First I have a mac

#1 back up current settings success
#2 connect apex directly to router success, unplugged the wireless gaming transmiter
#3 Disabled wireless on my computer success, but odd that I have to turn off my wireless internet on my mac computer :eek1:
#4 disable firewall success, I have no additional software for this, no steps taken for this
#5.2 Search for controller using "WIFI" icon Failure! :crazy1: error message pop up saying "The operation could not be completed. No such file or directory" so I went back to step #3 and turned the wifi back on my mac computer. The program began its search but didn't find the controller.

What am I missing or overlooking? While the apex was still hardwired to the router, I tested through my iPhone that I could still have control over my tank which I did. I am completely lost my the apex utility cannot "find" my controller while being hardwired in.

Thanks for the feedback

Two quick trouble shoots I just did without any success,

unplugged the aquabus from the controller and tried step 5.2, failed attempt
hardwired mac computer to the router and trued step 5.2 failed attempt

I was able to update the firmware on the controller but I am now getting an error message while trying to update the "web pages" error message reads could not connect to server, check network and controller configuration

When i clicked on the "?" it reads to check the file long by pressing command and "L", nothing happens. I tied clicking the help and manually selecting the "show log. but it is not highlighted for me to click, grrrrrr

any help is accepted, thanks again!

Maybe by taking a small break and asking question on this forum helped me answer my own questions because I figured it out! Yahoo

basically I manually set up the apex through the hardwire of both the mac and apex. The "windows" was not updating because I do not use the normal 80 port, once I figured this out the "window" update went smoothly. Now neptune bring Fusion to us!!!

Back