True Percs!!

rhaey

I got this pair for $36.. I'm so happy..

true.jpg

true2.jpg

Sorry about the pics.. this is the best my cam can do.. :D

I got them from Sun Aquarium. I ask the owner (Quang) to find me a pair and he did. As soon as it arrive to his store I went and pick them up. Also I got one orance ric for $8.

Excuse my ignorant question, and I am sure I can find it on the clownfish forum if I was not so lazy to dig through it... but, how do you tell the difference between false and true percs? Any tale-tale sign?

although not a guarantee the easy way is the orange ring around the pupil in percula. The body shape is typically also a bit different with percula being a bit more "stubby" than ocellaris. The reality is that the only sure way to tell is knowing the provenance of the fish.

Here is the most common difference and these are the most common you see at LFS.

TRUE PERCULA
p_69651.jpg

FALSE PERCULA
p_88039-clownfisih.jpg

yup.. i got rid of my 125g sps tank, because of unfortunate event.. not anytime soon, but i will definitely go back to big tank.. how's the sohol doing bro?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9807058#post9807058 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rhaey
yup.. i got rid of my 125g sps tank, because of unfortunate event.. not anytime soon, but i will definitely go back to big tank.. how's the sohol doing bro?

Sohal is getting bigger and meaner everyday....She took over the tank the moment I released her:( :) . I guess I can't put any kind of tang in my tank...I was going to get Red Sea Sail but it would be too much of a gamble.

If you're going to introduce a tang, it must be 2x bigger than the sohal. I know how aggressive she can be, and she will not tolerate new resident that is as big as she... That sohal went through some tough times, ich plague that wipe out 50% of my fish, huge cut on his belly (i think it was an inch long?).

Do you feed it gold fish flakes? :D she loves that..

She eats everything and yes, I feed her that gold fish flakes once in awhile as you highly recommend it. I'll send you a recent pic of her...she is fat!

Other ways to tell the A. percula form the A. ocellaris is that the ocellaris normally has 11 dorsal spines and the spines on the dorsal are a little taller cpmpared to the A. perculas 10 dorsal spines. It is tedious to say the least to count dorsal spines but it is the best way to tell them apart.

Back