Tunze Wavebox DOA

0arfish

I just received my new Tunze Wavebox 6208, and I cannot get the thing to turn on - the pump fan does not even spin. For those with this or similar Tunze wavebox, should I assume that my unit is DOA? By the way, I did everything according to instruction, page by page, and only plugged it in when it had been already submerged to oscillation line.

Thanks for any help!

Oh, and forgot to mention that all the unit does is make a constant beeping sound. I am asking here also since I have not heard back from the Tunze individuals that the dealer told me to call. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me recently with the Comline Wavebox. Turned out to be a defective power bar, which Tunze replaced within 48 hours. I've been running it without any problems since 2/11/13. Using 24 volt setting, it really seems to create a strong wave that moves everything in the tank.

Good luck,

Mike

Same thing happened to me recently with the Comline Wavebox. Turned out to be a defective power bar, which Tunze replaced within 48 hours. I've been running it without any problems since 2/11/13. Using 24 volt setting, it really seems to create a strong wave that moves everything in the tank.

Good luck,

Mike

I hope it's just the adapter, then maybe it won't be as much trouble and i can have it in commission soon :). Will keep posted!

Wanted to let everyone know that it was not broken and that the Tunze Wavebox 6208 is working beautifully. What happened was during packing, the pump was knocked about a bit and was jammed. Once I took a part the box and put it back together (took about 30 seconds), it worked and started to create some serious waves :lolspin:

Thanks to Roger for his prompt response and help!

Back