Tunze $$$

I am thinking of using them in my 180 sps reef. I was thinking of two 6100 with the multicontroller in addition to my sequence dart main return pump.

they are GERMAN all thing german are expensive but are the best....

tunze
deltec
bk

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6509666#post6509666 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reef_dude76
I am thinking of using them in my 180 sps reef. I was thinking of two 6100 with the multicontroller in addition to my sequence dart main return pump.

That is not a bad combination IMO.

I will be using 3 6100's with a multicontroller and either a Dart or Barracuda with my 210 that I am setting up.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6509690#post6509690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bebo77
they are GERMAN all thing german are expensive but are the best....

tunze
deltec
bk

AHH that explains it. I now understand why they cost so stinking much. This same thing holds true in the model railroad hobby.

When you buy a package like the TZ24 from marine depot, that comes with the streams and a controller, is there any other equipment that comes with the kit?

What I mean is, all that is shown on the site are two pumps and a controller box, on a few threads around here I where people have taken pics of their tanks, I will see a big grey metal box with TUNZE printed on the side in blue, is this the actul controller box? I ask because if this is part of the equipment I need to know to plan for space to use it.

The metal box is standard with the Tunze, if you get a package deal, you will get everything you need.

you should think of closed loops instead with a sequence, and maybe one tunze inside, it would not clutter up the tank that much.

Nope, you gotta buy the magnets which are well worth it IMO

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6510921#post6510921 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reef_dude76
and are they typically mounted?

They are the best, I have the same kit in my 180 - two 6100s with controller and I also just added a wavebox and it is awesome. All well worth the money

Don't count out the Seios .... They're the only other pump that's designed similar to the Tunzes but for alot less money... You can't control them with a wavemaker though.... I've got two 1500's running in my 150gal.. very good laminar flow pattern very similar to the Tunze.... They've also put out a new 2400 model ( 2400gal/hour )....

Worth a look IMO

Bob

Back