Typhon Controller/Steve's LEDs Help

patiof

i recently purchased a RSM 25o that came with what I think are a version 1 steve's leds retro fit with a typhon controller. i'm told the system is about 5 years old and that's when they were installed. i'm not sure any documentation i've found online addresses this configuration, or at list this early version specifically, which was not a "drop in" install as i understand it. i'm hoping someone can fill me in on the finer points of how it should work, as i am assuming the install was done properly, however, i'm not sure it is working 100% properly.

the lights seem to work great in timer mode, and i don't know if this a default setting or how the previous owner had them configured but i have 4 channels. 2 for white and 2 for blue, 2 channels set at 65% and 2 at 75%, with varying fades, all working fine. i think i can change all those settings, and the clock fine, however it works good so i am leaving it at that for the moment.

what i have not been able to do is switch the mode to any other mode like all channels on, all channels off and more importantly a custom mode. i'd like to have some light to work on the tank when i'm off the regular timer schedule. when i use the select button for the setting mode, nothing changes. using the up and down buttons after hitting select, it doesn't do anything either. and just using the up and down while the time mode is on the menu does zilch either.

well that's not entirely true, one time, and only once, i was able to switch the timer modes, but not in way that seemed like it was working - i pushed the buttons, nothing really happened, then after some delay, it moved through all off, to all on and got stuck there until i disconnected the power supply thereby resetting it to timer mode. i have not since been able to even repeat that.

the default menu setting for pwm seems to be no, and thats how i left it and got the above results. i haven't yet popped the light cover to check which drivers are installed, but i did try running the lights with pwm mode set to yes (which i can change as expected through the interface) and that only seemed to just turn the lights to all on at 100%.

naturally, i'm now wondering if the install was completed exactly right.

does anyone have any insight to how these should be working? or any tips for trouble shooting the install? or can anyone point me to the proper documentation for an early version diy retrofit?

any help is appreciated.

Back