Uhhh... what the heck is this thing on my glass???

c15a3924d9d7c58595a68963a3313562.jpg

My linckia also likes to eat asterinas. Once you get them the only way to really get rid of them that I have heard is by getting a harlequin shrimp. Luckily the vast majority are harmless scavengers.

Last edited:
c15a3924d9d7c58595a68963a3313562.jpg

My linckia also likes to eat asterinas. Once you get them the only way to really get rid of them that I have heard is by getting a harlequin shrimp. Luckily the vast majority are harmless scavengers.

Test to see if the image shows.

+1 if u see one you have at least 10...i have always had them in tanks and just remove them when I see them. Never caused any real issue that I'm aware of.

As for our brain chunk...i think he was 1/2 in coral heaven when we bought the rock he was on. Although he shared rock with a kenya tree. Needless to say kenya is doing great started dropping branches. But brain had looked like this for about 3wks+. So I'm guessing its not gonna turn around. Any opinions on dead or alive brain? hehehe new to this saltwater stuff so therefore not really a clue. lol

They are a very common hitchhiker. Most of the time they are reported to be harmless scavengers and occasionally you hear about the dark colored ones preying on coral. I have several in my tank and have never noticed any of them harming anything. Also they seem to be part of linckia sea stars diet.

Cuzza,

Amazing picture. This is very cool. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed one in my gf's biocube a few weeks ago. The other night i was staring at her tank shaking my head at the bubble algae that is slowly winning a never ending battle and i found myself counting the astrina star fish as well. I got to 18 and gave up lol ive had them before in a fluval edge 6g that had mushrooms in it and they never bothered them. I guess ill just keep an eye on them

I noticed one in my gf's biocube a few weeks ago. The other night i was staring at her tank shaking my head at the bubble algae that is slowly winning a never ending battle and i found myself counting the astrina star fish as well. I got to 18 and gave up lol ive had them before in a fluval edge 6g that had mushrooms in it and they never bothered them. I guess ill just keep an eye on them

Do you have a emerald crab for the bubble?

I got two from FAIOS and they did quick work of the bubble for me.

I plan on getting some today actually. I need salt and some ro/di water. Was gonna go to coral corral but maybe ill make the stop at faios instead, if they carry the salt i want. Im just weird about my water sources for some reason lol

We are pretty sure some of these are taking out a birdsnest - time for them to go.

Does anyone have a harlequin shrimp i can borrow for a while to eradicate them? We don't want to buy one and not be able to feed it after they are gone.

Back