ultra algae x

it strips the water of its oxygen also kills tanks you are better off finding where your problem at is why you have algae and correct it

it strips the water of its oxygen also kills tanks you are better off finding where your problem at is why you have algae and correct it

Agreed. Some people have used it with bad results on livestock/corals. Best to find the source of the problem and fix it.

I'm trying to get rid of hair algae. I had the metal haleds off for two weeks now and am doing water changes every week. Any advice on what else I can do to help with the situation

I'm trying to get rid of hair algae. I had the metal haleds off for two weeks now and am doing water changes every week. Any advice on what else I can do to help with the situation

Granular feric oxide in a reactor (phosphate remover)
Turbo Snails
tuxedo urchin (but these eat coraline when the hair runs out)
emerald crabs
shorten lighting period on tank
reduce feedings
oh, and i forgot to mention the foxface rabbitfish, mine will KILL some algae even if he just ate!

oh, must have had a brain fart, RO/DI water is a must, and use a good name brand salt, a lot of salts actually have silicates in them wich may help the algea.

and test and dose magnesium, keep levels 1400-1500 seems to work wonders on making some algaes stop growing to give your cleaning crew time to mow them down

water levels

water levels

Ammonia 0.001
Nitrite 0.012
Nitrate 0.6
Phosphate 0.10
Silica 0.1
Potassium 512
Calcium 428
Boron 3.9
Molybdenum 0.1
Strontium 14.0