underwater epoxy?

fishieness

hello everyone.
i have a few different types of glue and things for coral frags and such, but im wondering what can be used underwater? i have some hold-fast putty stuff, but it needs a dry surface to realy hold. im just wondering because to attach anything towards the bottom of my rocks, id have to take up the entire structure to get to them.
any ideas?
thanks

I use locktite super glue gel. Nice and thick, just make sure that underwater you work it into the surface well and then hold it still for about 10-15 seconds. Works 95% percent of the time with frags in moderate to high water movement.

One warning..... keep it off your hands. It will harden really fast and you'll have to pull the rocks out anyway.

yeah, ive used loc-lite, but it didnt seem to work when i tried it underwater... maybe i did something wrong?
and yeah, ive used superglue a few times and i end up feeling like i have calluses 3 cms thick. haha

IMO the best method is both - put some superglue gel on the frag, put a ball of aquamend on the superglue, then a little more superglue gel on the other end of the ball. Then push the whole affair onto a rock. Much better than either alone.

cool. ill look into those.
so you can use those underwater? like attach the frag while the rocka nd frag are still underwater?
thanks for the suggestions

Yes, you can do it underwater (I glue up the frag and epoxy out of the water, then stick the whole thing underwater and push it on the rock). Water is what actually causes the superglue to harden (when you use superglue in the air, it is the humidity in the air that starts the glue to harden). The aquamend was designed for pool owners to be able to fill cracks underwater.

Back