Undy not eating

Reef lover1

So I hv shifted my undy to another tank but after that,it is behaving weird. It is not eating,rearranging rocks again and again, running here and there(which disturbs my lionfish) and not eating anything. I do think it is eating bristleworms as I used to hv good population but now they r disappeared. I hv tried prawns and hikari s pellets but it is not eating them. I feeded it 3 mollies on Sunday so can this be the reason?

it is doing glass surfing like it is asking for food

More information on it's history in your systems would be helpful along with some info on your systems. It's glass surfing because it's trying to get out of the system it's in, not because it's hungry.

More information on it's history in your systems would be helpful along with some info on your systems. It's glass surfing because it's trying to get out of the system it's in, not because it's hungry.
System is 8 yrs old,fish only. Lionfish is looking good. It's a 120 g tank with only 2 fish. It is just shifting rocks again and again and digging sand. Day befote yesterday i moved it to this tank from 40 g tank. Undy is 3 weeks old and it's may be 4 inch? Damn it's too fast for camera
Screenshot_20230614-194046_YouTube.jpg

I think it is fighting with it's own reflection.. I saw it biting the tank mirror. Probably it'll get used to it. I saw it is eating pellets from the bottom of the tank when there is no one near the tank.

Sorry, the assumption fish see their reflection in glass (or acrylic) is a mistaken understanding of the refraction properties of light going through different materials. In order to see the reflection on hte inside surface of glass the observer has to be outside the tank. Your fish can see out as well as you can see in.

ME  1000 MVC-001F.JPG

Sorry, the assumption fish see their reflection in glass (or acrylic) is a mistaken understanding of the refraction properties of light going through different materials. In order to see the reflection on hte inside surface of glass the observer has to be outside the tank. Your fish can see out as well as you can see in.

View attachment 32386522
Yaa I think u were right. It got settled now and eating well now. Maybe it was just exploring the tank. One thing is sure that these triggers r not shy:). It rearranged whole tank's rock and surprisingly it moved big rocks too to make caves

Back