Upcoming events around the state

Mrs Postal

The TBRC would like to lend our support to other events in the area and the state by passing along some upcoming events:

March 4th-6th- Global Pet Expo @ the Orlando Convention Center.

March 22nd- 11-3 pm- Palm Beach Marine Aquarium Society 2015 Frag Swap

March 28th/29th- Coral Mania @ the FL State Fairgrounds(TBRC sponsor Drysdale Aquariums will be there)

April 11th/12th- Reefapalooza- Orlando Doubletree Hotel

May 15th/16th- SWFMAS Reef Conference.

The information above was compiled courtesy of Google. More events will be added as I find them and get permission to share.

May 2nd FL Marine Aquarium Society Event

May 2nd FL Marine Aquarium Society Event

FMAS Swap Meet and Frag Swap 2015!
We will be returning to the same location and hope to see all of you out there! This is our once a year combined swap meet and frag swap for our members to clean out those closets, garages and frag tanks. This is your chance to come unload all of that wonderful unused hardware we all seem to accumulate along with frags.

Date: Saturday May 2nd, 2015

Open to the public from 10:30 am to 3pm

Vendor setup is available Friday night 4-7ish and 8:00 am Saturday

Entrance fee: FREE YES FREE for current FMAS members or other current club members with proper ID, $5 for non-club members or non-members of a surrounding club. We do ask for a small donation at the door that will benefit the South Plantation High School Marine Science Programs (member cards must be presented).

Where:
South Plantation High School
1300 SW 54th Ave, Plantation, FL 33317

Table Space: $40 deposit will be required for all tables.
Current FMAS Commercial Member: FREE Full Table with a $40 refundable deposit upon participation and a $50 gift certificate to table or store.
Non FMAS Commercial Members: Full Table $40 refundable deposit upon participation with a $40 Fee and a $50 gift certificate to table or store.
Current FMAS Members and surrounding club members: FREE ½ table with a $40 refundable deposit upon participation *If selling livestock $25 gift certificate to table also
Non FMAS Members or Non surrounding club members: ½ table $40 refundable deposit upon participation with a $40 Fee *If selling livestock $25 gift certificate to table also.
*******LOCK IN YOUR SPOT!!!********
Spots will be reserved on a first come first served basis following our preference periods. Your spot will not be considered reserved until we have received PayPal payment of proper deposits and or payments in full.
Please submit payment with a memo identifying yourself and what you are paying for to paypal@fmas1955.org . All of the non-commercial members out there might want to become one in order to lock in your table location as preference will be given to current FMAS members first and Commercial members there after!
Current FMAS Members will be given first preference until March 1st and then Current FMAS Commercial Members followed by any nonmembers wishing to participate.
Please note that all these gift certificates will be part of our giant raffle and each winner gets their pick of whatever is left throughout the day.
Power: Power is provided, however you must provide your own extension cords.
Salt Water: Will be supplied.
Refreshments: Hamburgers and hotdogs will be available along with drinks and snacks
Volunteers: If you would like to help let us know.
All inquiries contact vicepresident@fmas1955.org
We will be having raffles throughout the day. We look forward to seeing everybody there!

Are we still promoting FL events? We have 2 of our TBRC sponsors at the RVC Fragfest. I can't say I go on facebook daily, but I didn't see any mention of it. But I recall seeing quite a few FB posts to check out our sponsor way down in Fort Myers for their swap. At least this show is close.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2446923&page=3

Speaking as a former board member, I would assume that RVC has not sent a message to a BOD member as required by RC to have another club's event posted on the page. In the past SWFMAS always sent requests to have their events shared so that is why you noticed them more frequently.
Honestly, since Dirk is a commercial interest promoting an event he is participari g in, I'm amazed the RC mods didn't delete his thread.

No request from RVC has been sent to the TBRC to allow the promotion of their event on our page. While we share sponsors, the request still has to come from them in order for the TBRC to promote as I am sure their board would expect a similar request from us.

Yes he is. And if you sent a request to him he should have shared it.
That being said, I'm usually the best contact point to get things posted on RC or Facebook at the current time.

No email @ my TBRC Acct. Not sure where you have sent it. You are welcome to PM me here with the details. I see.Roger has posted here for you too.

Is this going to get posted on facebook? TBRC emails? We no longer have an official website so how are folks to know these details. I really didn't think this should be that difficult. I'm pretty sure the TBRC's initiative is to provide locals with support/news/etc.

Not trying to be rude, but I would like to hear of all the FL swaps especially those hosted by clubs. I'm sure people in the community would feel the same especially if its in our backyard. Not everyone is on RC but everybody usually checks FB for all the LFS loot for the week.

Patrick - when I have my laptop up ans I can cut and paste info on FB, I will do so. I am on vacation, at this very moment, and am watching Dylan play in the Pacific so while your request has been noted numerous times, the email I was supposed to get has never arrived and I will go pull info at thr first opportunity. The 500 people on FB are aware of the event as they follow Drysdale and Elite and RC is the larger audience by far. I hope you understand that communicating here and on FB is not a paid job and I will post at the first opportunity. Any other questions here, PM because your posts are getting tedious.

Like I said initially, first in priority it's about supporting our sponsors. TBRC has limited amount of sponsors as is, I'd hate to see any of them t'd off. There's ton of craigslist junk of the club FB page as is, I don't see how one share/mention of an in town swap would hurt. Drysdale did post on his page that he was going to the show with pics yada yada, but never saw anything on the page. I don't check everyday so maybe something was removed.

Have a good vacation! Hope to see you guys at a meeting soon! Cheers :beer:

I think our sponsors are fine with the support they get from the TBRC for TBRC events. They know to communicate with the board if there are issues and it is up to another club to request that their event be shared, not up to us to share it just because we share sponsors. The info is posted and feel free, at any time, to PM your concerns to any of us and we will address them and explain the processes to you.

From the FL Marine Aquarium Society FB Page:

FMAS Board Approved
It's that time again!!

We will be returning to the same location and hope to see all of you out there!
Date: Sunday September 27th , 2015
Open to the public from 11:00 am to 3pm
Vendor setup starts at 9:00 am
Entrance fee:
$5.00 at the door unless you are a current Paid marine club member.
(card must be presented)
Where:
Forest Hill High School
6901 Parker Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Directions:
google maps
https://www.google.c...99fbbfb9d222dd9
Table Space:
Full Table Commercial Vendors - $25 in cash and $50 gift certificate to table or store. (1/2 table commercial vendors not available)
*******LOCK IN YOUR SPOT!!!********
-Paid sponsors will now have the option to pre-pay and be able to pick their table location. Paid sponsors will be able to register starting Monday August 17th @ 12:00am EST through August 31st @11:59pm EST. Spots will be reserved on a first come first served basis. Our suggestion is to submit 3-4 locations in case your first choice has already been chosen. Your spot will be considered reserved when we receive PayPal payment. Please submit payment to treasurer@pbmas.org. All of the non-sponsors out there might want to become one in order to lock in your table location!!
- Un-paid sponsors (commercial vendors) and hobbyists will be able to pre-pay and select your tables beginning September 1st @ 12:00am EST through September 26th @ 11:59pm. Your spot will be considered reserved when we receive PayPal payment. Please submit payment to treasurer@pbmas.org. All of the non-sponsors out there might want to become one in order to lock in your table location!!
1/2 table (Non-Commercial) - Free to PBMAS club members or $25 in cash or gift certificate to table for non-members that have valid memberships to surrounding clubs
Full Table (Non-Commercial) $25 in cash or gift certificate to table for PBMAS club members,$40 in cash or gift certificate to table that have valid memberships to surrounding clubs
Please note that all these gift certificates will be part of our giant raffle and each winner gets their pick of whatever is left throughout the day.
Each Table is allowed a maximum of 3 guests.
Power:
Power is provided, however you must provide your own extension cords.
Salt Water:
will be supplied.
Refreshments:
Hamburgers and hotdogs will be available along with drinks and snacks
Volunteers:
If you would like to help let us know.

All inquiries contact our president Tim at (kba98@bellsouth.net)!
We will be having auctions through out the day.
We look forward to seeing everybody there!
There are about 2 tables left....

If you have not attended any of these annual BBQ's, please join us. Brian has a unique system in his garage with thousands of gallons of saltwater goodies! The food is great and the event also has other reef clubs in attendance. Attendees will be able to offer items for sale in the frag auction and be able to buy many more including items that Brian auctions himself. Please bring a dessert or side dish to share. There are several other clubs across the state to come to the BBQ so it's a great time for everyone.

Nov. 14th - Annual muli-club BBQ at Brian Green's. Posted as a separate, stickied thread here . People start a little later this year at 4:00pm The auction usually starts a little before sunset and goes on for quite awhile. So bring cash and a cooler!

Limits for the auction are no more than 15 items for sale per person and no more than 3 of the same coral per person. This is our Nov. TBRC event. Address is 201 Sunset, Nokomis, FL 34275.

Back