upgraded to Ecotech QD

Htfdwhaler

Hi,

Received my 2 upgrades for 2 MP40s, really quick install.

ALL I can say is WOW!! No more humming noise..

My wife loves it, she was always complaining about the noise.

Well worth the wait and price.

Nice! And they made that much a difference. My next tank purchase is going to be a pair of QD drivers for my 10s. Did you order them directly from ecotech?

Very impressed, dead silent all the way up to about 90 percent.

I ordered from saltwateraquarium.com

It kinda has become my go to store, if you contact them they have no problem bumping you order to USPS priority for no charge and it takes one day to my address in tampa.

Aaaaand ordered. Thanks for heads up. Kind of weird though, it says preorder but then says in stock. I'll just contact them to see what's going on.

I just made a thread asking about these drivers. I hear they increase the flow on MP-40's as well. They don't mention if they make the MP-10 have more flow though. But if they make the pump quieter then I'm all for it. I'm probably going to buy one for my MP-10.

I believe they don't increase flow, the drivers just quiet the motors and have new flow patterns.

The only pump that they increased the flow to is the QD-40.

So you would need the new motor and wet side.

some retailers have them in stock. You may want to shop around, and call before hand.

Myself I pre ordered in Feb and received mine yesterday.

Yea I haven't seen anyone with the 10's upgraded. The upgrade section on ecotechs site actually says shipping 4-8 weeks

do you notice an increase in flow with just the driver or do you have to upgrade the wet side and dry side to get the flow increase?

You only get an increase in flow with the 40s and only with the new 40QD wetside due to redesigning the 40s wetside to be the same as the 10 and 60.

Oh OK thanks for the info. I did find some mp-10 QD's for sale and in stock for $235 on a few sites but no mp-10 drivers by themselves for sale yet.I think I'm going to pay the $50 for the driver once they become available. I wouldn't mind having my pump be quieter and I think $50 is worth it.

This was posted by SaltwaterAquarium on FB regarding the upgrade drivers..

SaltwaterAquarium.com Yes. Limited Supply. If you order one now I would expect the wait to be 2-3 weeks. Could be shorter or longer.
Like · April 23 at 3:27pm

Back