Used ETS Downdraft or New AquaC Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MegaDeTH:
Another note, I have a airfilter on my skimmer intake, do the AquaC have a way to do this? You would not believe how much dust and other unknown things enter the tank via the skimmer. L8r mega
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No air filter from what I can tell. According to the owner/maker Jason Kim, he has run several for 18 months, has never cleaned the nozzle for clogging. Also, I can imagine you could fabricate a filter to place over the intake if that is a concern. I don't know besides dust, what foreign objects would be getting into the skimmer intake. I have done this with my venturi skimmer, put a piece of floss filter over the tube intake to filter dust.

Also, there is no way to control air flow into the air intake. I think you are controlling air with the pump volume of water and the exhaust gate valve. Or, like I will do, put a gate valve on my input, too much pump, then tweak it for maximum use, gate valve on exhaust wide open. Jason said at this point there is no cost justification for adding the air intake valve adjustment because it looks tuned for a specific mixture ratio. He has tested a few prototypes with air valves on the input. With the Beckett, you need the air valve, because it is too good at producing foam, which is bad.

But I digress, there is no air filter on the intake to answer the question.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back