Using lime to filter water

jeffnsa

i am using tap water on my tank(just an experiment) and was wondering if i could add some lime to the declorinated wate to help remove some heavy metals. if i left the top off a 5 gallon water jug after adding maybe 3 teaspoons of lime would it change the ph to much after sitting a day or two. i don't want to use this as a calcium addetive just to remove some impurities out of the water. i am not doing this right now, it is just a thought i had to do something different.

thank you randy, i'm just trying to figure out different and cheap methods of clearing up water. i hear people say that you need to have an rodi to run a tank but that is not true and can cause a newbie to spend to much on the wrong type of stuff instead of learning about it and expecting things to happen quickly.

i decided not to use rodi this time around just tap water. i was just looking for a cheap and fast way of removing some extra stuff from the water. basicly i'm trying to run a newbie type of tank and do things to help those who might not have the money to get an rodi unitor are not sure about one. i want to keep the simplist and easiest type of tank to enjoy this time.

If you use tap water, let the water run for a few minutes to remove any that has been sitting in your pipes, as your own pipes are the major source of copper. :)

Back