Variable Speed Port problem

UTCReefer

I have a tunze 6105 connected to my apex variable speed port. Its been working well, all the profiles were working fine too. It was time to do some maintenance the other day and i noticed that the pump had stopped so i unplugged the pumps power brick and pulled the pump apart and it was a little gunked up with calcium so i give it a vinegar soak.
A few days later the pump was all cleaned and i put it back in place. But it refused to switch on. I have a green light on the VS1 port and the pump brick has power but none of my profiles work, i tried manually switching VS1 on, off, and auto and still nothing. However if i unplug the VS1 plug the pump immediately goes full bore and when i plug it back in it shuts off. Keep in mind nothing has been changed except for me cleaning the pump. I cant figure out what is going on. Ive also cycled the power on the apex still nothing. Anyone have this problem before?

I think I will try and move it to the VS3 port and see if that works. Maybe we can post things that we've already tried.

I think I will try and move it to the VS3 port and see if that works. Maybe we can post things that we've already tried.

Check to make sure there is no corrosion or dirt on the connector that plugs into the port of the Apex. Check both the male and female side.

Check to make sure there is no corrosion or dirt on the connector that plugs into the port of the Apex. Check both the male and female side.

Plugs look Clean.

I switched the control plug to the next set of ports (VS3/VS4) and it still isnt working.

The Light one either set of ports is a solid green color. If i remember correctly it should be pulsing on and off. Can someone confirm this?

I just had this same thing happen to me. I've checked the usual suspects, cable continuity and programs. I don't know. I was out of town when mine went down. Apex is driving a 6105 in a wave box, when I came home no more wave. Unplug from Apex and pump runs great. There was a short power outage (<1 sec) while I was gone, but I have both EB8's on a UPS - so this shouldn't have been a problem...

Anyway, hopefully we can get this figured out.

Cheers

Hi guys,
I wonder if any of you already resolved this problem because I noticed today I'm got the same problem here.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem with my Apex. It is hooked to 3 Tunze powerheads. They work fine when not plugged in, but wont run at all when hooked up to the variable ports.

How do we go about fixing this? Is a return to Neptune the only way? I think my Apex is about a year and a half old. Is this covered under warranty?

Warranty (I believe) is 1 year but let's be sure there is a problem 1st...

What happens if y ou set the VarSpd ports to manual ON; does the pumps turn on? Are there any LEDs flashing on the ports; there should be.

1 more; did you purchase cables from Neptune or build your own?

If manual works then it is likely your programming.

Back