Velvet or ICH

ReefSultan

Hi All,

I had velvet out break and I have survivors of 2 tang 5 chromis and a sixline wrasse. It is almost 2 weeks all symptoms cleared.

Fish has no visual parasite
Feeding swimming breathing normal
Not swimming to wave pumps

2,5 days ago one of my friend bring me a white cheek tang to save it from a powder brown tang in his tank. It was so much injured.
First night my yellow don't let him alone but now all calm down in my tank however WCT never get down to rocks it is swimming all the time on the upper side of the tank and going from one end to another end with small circles
He is swimming but kind of moving with current

Today I also see some white dots but not sure if this is velvet or ICH

Btw fish didn't eat in my tank for 2,5 day and as I know 2 days in my friends tank before coming to me

I want to ask you first is it velvet or ICH?
As I have survivors from velvet is it possible to have a velvet free tank after some time even I have healthy fish in the tank?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

069a4f44f2f683d23114dc9f37031d0c.jpg

886734bc2f6b89202cea6ef26ec1cedd.jpg

Btw fish has fight marks in body it was like this before it come to me.

Im no expert and there is alot of info about Velvet on the site. With Velvet, usually the fish will be dead in 24 hrs if not treated. Not sure if you put them in QT or used copper in the tank they where in. You sure its not ich? Ich will show its self then drop off then keep the cycle going until copper is introduced. Here is good reading..

https://humble.fish/marine-velvet/

Back