Vibrant by UWC testing

I am sticking to the bottle directions...

1ml per 10gal once every 2wks for less dirty tanks

Or

1ml per 10gal weekly for more dirty tanks

I would follow the directions on the bottle. Unless you have an extreme outbreak of something like if you look at the pictures of the thick cyano and dinoflagelets matts I had. Then I would start off with 2x per week for at least a couple weeks then cut back when you see major die off. Like for me by day 7-8 I should probably could have cut back to 1x per week. I would also manually remove every day what ever it is you're trying to get rid of.

Edit: This was per UWC's input and guidance. It's not on the bottle.

Last edited:
Does this stuff kill so much that snails & cuc, tuxedo urchin wouldn't have enough to eat? I am not sure if I have dinos (starting to think I may) and was contemplating this stuff yesterday.

The stuff I'm getting goes away overnight and gets really bad during the day. If I stir it up it looks really slimy and moves about in fairly big pieces. I don't think it's diatoms. It almost goes towards a purple color.

Does this stuff kill so much that snails & cuc, tuxedo urchin wouldn't have enough to eat? I am not sure if I have dinos (starting to think I may) and was contemplating this stuff yesterday.

The stuff I'm getting goes away overnight and gets really bad during the day. If I stir it up it looks really slimy and moves about in fairly big pieces. I don't think it's diatoms. It almost goes towards a purple color.

I don't have many snails at this point, but I do have an urchin. Much of my algae has been eradicated, but there is still some left. The urchin is all over the tank and I can see that the rock gets cleaner behind it, so thus far I'm not worried that there won't be enough for it to eat. Something to keep an eye on though for sure. I have some nori just in case.

After 6 weeks looks like cyano is finally surrendered, about half the amt on rocks and nothing on sand compared to last week. This will be my last weekly dose and will go to every other week. I know I messed up the experiment but started h2o2 at week 4, dino never showed up so not sure how common or peroxide is good tool

Since December 20th I've had 20ml of Vibrant sitting around with it loosely covered to allow evaporation. I've weighed it almost everyday with .001g accuracy. Past few days the weight has remained the same.

Empty container
36f114bcb7577bfa3867e4ff43947415.jpg

With ~20ml Vibrant added as measured by the cup it comes with
df5a7e3da6a3227bfceb9e3eefa39acb.jpg

After evaporation (I'm sure all water hasn't evaporated but close enough lol)
c00e966f286be2565ce7621c3a8a6b9b.jpg

Very thick and sticky
9be50d1226ddd30ded9b7559cbcf7806.jpg

Since December 20th I've had 20ml of Vibrant sitting around with it loosely covered to allow evaporation. I've weighed it almost everyday with .001g accuracy. Past few days the weight has remained the same.

Empty container
36f114bcb7577bfa3867e4ff43947415.jpg

With ~20ml Vibrant added as measured by the cup it comes with
df5a7e3da6a3227bfceb9e3eefa39acb.jpg

After evaporation (I'm sure all water hasn't evaporated but close enough lol)
c00e966f286be2565ce7621c3a8a6b9b.jpg

Very thick and sticky
9be50d1226ddd30ded9b7559cbcf7806.jpg

Why are you doing this? I'm curious.

I guess you missed my point, never mind,
Well, looks like I did then. Do you mean why did I see how much agar there would be left after evaporation? I was curious how much there was. Someone else burned off the water but I didn't see any measurements and this also confirms the same finding that person did. Plus, now I want to see it under the microscope like that.

Last edited:
Well, looks like I did then. Do you mean why did I see how much agar there would be left after evaporation? I was curious how much there was. Someone else burned off the water but I didn't see any measurements and this also confirms the same finding that person did. Plus, now I want to see it under the microscope like that.

I was just curious as to what findings you were looking for. There wasn't much explanation as to why you were doing this. I was curious, that's all.

As it has a carbon source and bacteria in it, would it be ok to use in a Zeovit tank or would there be a risk of a bloom (and would that be anything to be particularly concerned about)?

Any thoughts on using it while also using Zeobak and Start (carbon source)?

As it has a carbon source and bacteria in it, would it be ok to use in a Zeovit tank or would there be a risk of a bloom (and would that be anything to be particularly concerned about)?

Any thoughts on using it while also using Zeobak and Start (carbon source)?
The vinegar and amino sources are extremely small so I doubt they would interfere with that. However, as shown above there is a sugar source not disclosed in the ingredients which is part of the bacteria culture. I don't know how it would interfere. I don't have any experience with sugar dosing and have avoided it due to many experiences of increased cyano with including sugar sources in their carbon dosing blends.

I've been following this thread and a couple of other and I decided to give Vibrant a try. I started up my tank just over 2 months ago. I have some new Pukani rock that I cured out, that for some reason really enjoys to grow Bryopsis. I think the Bryopsis came on a frag of coral I bought originally. Well needless to say the 5 new rocks I have in my tank have some small spots of it, not out of control or anything, like that random dandelion in your yard.

I tried getting rid of it by dipping those rocks in a peroxide mix and it did wipe it out, but wouldnt you know it about 3 weeks later its coming back. So that brought me to buying a bottle of it and giving it a shot.

Ive dosed it twice this week. The water is very clean already, but I have not seen the bryopsis starting to turn white yet. I know it will take some time, but Im hoping this takes care of it.

Jason what ended up happening with the algae?

Was it GHA or bryopsis in there?

I have a hair/turf type (cladophoropsis) that I've tried fluconazole on to no avail.

Nutrient export and other methods allow it to thrive. Was going to try vibrant but see no "final" update from you or others here.

Anyone?

Back