Viparspectra 165w

Mr.Sams

I recently purchased 2 viparspectra 165w lights for my 55 gallon tank. Unfortunately they did not come with remote. Is it possible to program these without remote?

I found this:

Turn ON/OFF
With remote: Press power button

With on-light controls: Press in knob and hold for a few seconds. The word "on" or "off" will appear on screen. Release the knob.

Set time
With remote: Press the Clock button. Press up or down to set hour, then press OK. Press up or down to set minute. Wait until H-SE appears on screen.

With on-light controls: Press knob in several times until H-SE appears on screen. Turn knob until Cloc appears on screen. Press knob in to select hour slot. Turn knob to set hour. Press knob in to select minute slot. Turn knob to set minute. Wait until H-SE appears on screen.

Set light intensity
With remote: Press the menu button until H-SE appears. Press OK until Ch1 appears. Press up or down until desired light intensity is achieved (0-100%). Press OK until Ch2 appears. Press up or down until desired light intensity is achieved (0-100%). Press OK until H-SE appears. Wait until time is shown on screen.

With on-light controls: Press knob in several times until Ch1 appears on screen. Turn knob until desired light intensity is achieved (0-100%). Press knob in several times until Ch2 appears on screen. Turn knob until desired light intensity is achieved (0-100%). Press knob in several times until H-SE appears. Wait until time is shown on screen.

Set channel on/off times
With remote: Press C1 On button. Press up or down to select hout slot. Set hour time. Press OK to select minute slot. Set minute time. Wait until H-SE appears on screen. Repeat for C1 Off, C2 On, C2 Off.

With on-light controls: Press knob in several times until H-SE appears. Turn knob until C1 On appears. Press knob in to select hour slot. Turn knob to set hour. Press knob in to select minute slot. Turn knob to set minute. Wait until H-SE appears on screen. Repeat for C1 Off, C2 On, C2 Off.

I found this:

Turn ON/OFF
With remote: Press power button

With on-light controls: Press in knob and hold for a few seconds. The word "on" or "off" will appear on screen. Release the knob.

Set time
With remote: Press the Clock button. Press up or down to set hour, then press OK. Press up or down to set minute. Wait until H-SE appears on screen.

With on-light controls: Press knob in several times until H-SE appears on screen. Turn knob until Cloc appears on screen. Press knob in to select hour slot. Turn knob to set hour. Press knob in to select minute slot. Turn knob to set minute. Wait until H-SE appears on screen.

Set light intensity
With remote: Press the menu button until H-SE appears. Press OK until Ch1 appears. Press up or down until desired light intensity is achieved (0-100%). Press OK until Ch2 appears. Press up or down until desired light intensity is achieved (0-100%). Press OK until H-SE appears. Wait until time is shown on screen.

With on-light controls: Press knob in several times until Ch1 appears on screen. Turn knob until desired light intensity is achieved (0-100%). Press knob in several times until Ch2 appears on screen. Turn knob until desired light intensity is achieved (0-100%). Press knob in several times until H-SE appears. Wait until time is shown on screen.

Set channel on/off times
With remote: Press C1 On button. Press up or down to select hout slot. Set hour time. Press OK to select minute slot. Set minute time. Wait until H-SE appears on screen. Repeat for C1 Off, C2 On, C2 Off.

With on-light controls: Press knob in several times until H-SE appears. Turn knob until C1 On appears. Press knob in to select hour slot. Turn knob to set hour. Press knob in to select minute slot. Turn knob to set minute. Wait until H-SE appears on screen. Repeat for C1 Off, C2 On, C2 Off.
Very helpful. Thank you

I have 2 of them. They have run about 6 years. They are on my fuge now. I used them on a 54 gallon and then 75 gallon tank.

Back