Volcano club

Neck diameters of volcano skimmers

Neck diameters of volcano skimmers

I wonder the neck diameters of volcano skimmers. I know Spazz uses different sizes but 1850 regularly comes with a 6 inch neck?

How large of a tank do you have?

How do you know how big of a skimmer to get? Ive heard you should get double of what he recommendation gallons says...is this really true?

Where can i find these Online?

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Volcano club

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12625968#post12625968 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tom obrecht
Since there seems to a club for just about every skimmer out there and I have not seen a "Volcano Club" yet I thought I would start. Here is a picture of mine right out of the crate before set up. Believe it or not this is one of the smaller Volcanos that Spazz makes!

Volcanoskimmer003.jpg
[/IMG]

How large of a tank do you have?

Sorry my previous post was supposed to be a quoted on e for you.

Thanks in Advance.

It's an 1850. Only pics I have that are new are next to my Deltec 902 for a size reference.
Volcanopics011.jpg
[/IMG]
Spazz has been working some new venturis to increase my bubble density.

After trading out my skimmer for the Reeflo 250 Pro, i tried communicating with spazz for a calcium reactor ... never received call backs, or emails in return. I talked to the gent that I traded my skimmer to, he seemed to have been having the same issues .. he ended up fabricating some stuff himself to resolve some issues with the skimmer that scott was supposed to have been fixing, and sending him parts for.

This is one of the main issues why I traded out of the spazz skimmer ... lack of support from scott's side. He would get stuff to me, just months later. After nearly 1 year, I still was not up & running 100% with a final product. I don't believe he was far away, but since every time it took 3 months for him to get me parts ...

I emailed Scott on Wednesday afternnoon checking on the status of my 1850. He emailed me back by Thursday morning. He did tell me he came up with a new venturi. It's an replaceable insert design. He stated my skimmer will come with 3 different venturi's which will allow tuning the skimmer. I hope you hear from him soon. I order my skimmer in May and he hopes to have it ready to ship next week; I have my fingers crossed.

Just put a mazzei injector on the input side of the pump, will work even better if you cut it and get the air intake hole closer to the pump. Best venturi you can get, if you dont want to discover America once again.
I think, some of you guys, no skimmer on the planet can make you happy.

Last edited:
Back