Vortech alternative (wet/dry side)

tc2007

Are there any other powerheads in the market that have wet/dry sides with the wire on the dry side? Quick google search didn't reveal anything.

I really like the Nero 5 but the wire inside seems to be a dealbreaker. Currently have Vortechs but don't have or want a Apex controller to be able to control via my smartphone. Also Vortechs only point straight front.

Nothing else like it in the market. You could get the coralvue wave engine with eco tech module and get more control than apex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecotech has a the Patents on the vortechs. But I brought this up a few weeks back on a FB discussion where some asked this same question.

Look at China based business they could give a rats butt about US patents. Jeabo copied maxspects gyre in less then a year and maxspect is a China based company too. So if there willing to steel from there own then I'd believe they would steel from us based companies. This makes me to believe that it costs way to much to make the components to have these wet/dry side power heads and it's just simply not worth it to the China based business to try to copy them

Can't some of the more recent Vortech be upgraded to the MOBIUS chip? Then you could control via your phone.

As for the straight line of flow, I thought I saw where someone was 3D printing a piece to go on the front to direct flow somewhat.

I was out of touch for almost a year. This is the first time I have heard about Mobious LOL :) Sounds very interesting.

I bought 2 black RF chips from Ecotech and now have both of my pumps running using Mobius! Using a smartphone to control my pumps was the last missing piece when using the Votechs :)

Back