Want a mantis?

gonefishin

I just found a mantis in my trap. No idea what type it is but it has been in florida rock. Would say it is about 3 inches long. If it survives the weekend, I would be glad to get rid of the thing. Don't know how to ship so if you are interested give me some ideas on how to do it.

what color is the shrimp...and is there any way you can get a picture of him...also for shipping fill a thormus about 3/4 with water and put the shirmp in there and it should be ok

i would like to see pics i am really looking for a peacock if you could find out the species or post pics that would be great

It does not look like the pictures. I've seen of the peacock mantis. Serjuan ca, I'm in MIdland/Odessa not too far away. Are you at TTU?

I just moved from Lubbock about 18 months ago. I had lived there on and off for quite a few years. DOn't know where your going to get your rock but check out the TBS iit s really good. Have got three mantis so far and two gorilla crabs. SHipping was only about 50 cents a pound to here. Much cheaper than anything I ever saw in LUbbock and ten times as nice. There are no LFS here so I make it to LUbbock every once in a while to check out High Tech and Aquarilease.

I have bought a total of 1.2 pounds of live rock locally. I dont know how Hi-Tech expects to keep live rock in a non lit pond. And Aquarilease (now Mr. Aquarium) uses a single NO tube.

Hi Tech actually has better rock. I say this because I actually found a few bristle worms in their live rock tank. Pretty sad.

When you bought your TBS live rock, did you get air freight?

To my knowledge they only air freight. I got a 37 gallon package and the freight for both shipemnts total came out to about $100. It is shipped in water so it weighs a bit more but there is very little die off that way. I feel your pain regarding the live rock around here. Its 5 or 6 bucks a pound and is pretty good if it has coralline growing on it anywhere. The tbs is covered with life sponges, barnacles, clams, corals and some pretty cool unidentified stuff. There's no comparison IMO. When you consider all the critters they send as part of the package. It actually worked out much cheaper than anything I had seen around. Their live sand is not aragonite but it too has lots of life. I waited over a year trying to find some good stuff around here and fianlly decided I couldn't do any worse than buying the local stuff and took the plunge. Now I wish I hadn't waited so long. Do a search on the board and check out some of the pics posted they are pretty representative. If you new some one else who wanted some rock it could even be cheaper. I'v been thining about taking some of my rock into one of the stores up there ans seeing how much they will give me for it since their barren stuff is usually 6 plus dollars a pound.

Back