Wanted: Return Pump

jtinoco

I finally have time to drill the tank and install a sump/fuge. I built a 20 gallon long sump with the guidance of Steffen.

I pretty much have everything ready to drill and install the fuge. I am in need of return pump, though. I am looking for a submersible pump that will push between 200 - 300 gph at 4.5 ft of head. I tried a few LFS but they don't seem to keep them in stock. :( I really don't want to order online because of the wait, but I will if I have to. I thought I would give you all a shot first.

Thanks.

i would recommend to stay away from the quiet one pumps. i was given that advise before and didn't listen. that pig was a b.... to restart. i have a really cheap aqua via or something like that and it works great. good luck on your search.

i would recommend to stay away from the quiet one pumps. i was given that advise before and didn't listen. that pig was a b.... to restart. i have a really cheap aqua via or something like that and it works great. good luck on your search.

I would have to second this. If the power goes out they will not restart. You have to lift the pump out of the water and get the air bubbles out before the pump will kick back in. I would go with a Mag or Ehimn.

I was running a rio 1400 pump and felt it wasnt enough flow moving through the sump so i updated to a rio 2100 which i personaly think is better for my liking.

Erik

Back