Wanting to get back into the hobby...

oONightFireOo

Hi, All...

I used to have a 150-gallon reef years back and enjoyed almost every minute of it. I moved, and due to having to wait on the construction of the new house, I sold the setup.

That was a long time ago (probably about 15 years ago at this point), but I have been wanting to get back into the hobby again ((really badly!!)).

I am wondering if there are any suggestions on where I could find a nice setup (while hoping to avoid having to pay a fortune for it) - especially now that we are living in times of COVID. The local stores that I used to go to have all closed, so I don't really have any local options at the moment.

Lastly - I'm trying to find information on floor support. With the 150, I had a crawl space with a wood frame and ended up adding additional support under the house to hold the weight. Now I live in a house with a fairly large "crawl space" (with about 10' floor to ceiling), but the entire house is built with a metal frame. I'm trying to get an idea for how large a tank I could have, without having additional floor supports installed. Any ideas?

Any help/advice/recommendations would be very much appreciated.
~Kevin

The For Sale section here does have both tanks & full set ups for sale.
The other reef site does too. Metal wall studs I know of but the flooring???
Can you contact the builder?

Back