Wastewater

kinda makes me sad to see all the people that just dump rodi reject water down the drain...haven't paid for the water in my washing machine for over 3 years.

Agree. My rejected RODI goes to a Brute trash can that has a uniseal overflow to laundry tub in case it overfills.

I have a remote button that turns the Sicce pump on in the brute and fills the washer. The wife even likes it.

I used to feel very guilty about all the water going down the drain.

I think it's also a good idea to check your waste ratio if you live someplace that has seasonal temp differences. My rodi got down to 6.5:1 before I noticed and contacted the manufacturer for help. Turns out that colder water passes the membrane easier. I've got a valve on now to get it back to 4:1, some people switch their flow restricters twice a year.

I feel bad that I was wasting almost twice as much water as necessary, but I'm glad I've got it fixed.

I think people got confused somewhere what this thread was originally about. It was about the saltwater wastewater from a water change NOT the wastewater from a RODI unit.

RODI waste water will be going into the pool or to water the lawn, salt water flushed down the toilet.

Back