Weldon use

jlames

When using Weldon, how long might it take before the residual dissipates and the tank is safe for salt water use? I understand a few days to a week or so is common for curing but I'd like to make certain the chemicals that cause the bond are absent.

I just used weld on 16 to make my sump of acrylic. The smell definitely went away after 48 hours. I've also read 48 hours should be about right for the curing

"œResidual" as in left over solvents? This would depend on what type of Weld-On one uses. Example, Weld-On 3 is a very fast drying solvent any residual solvent would evaporate quickly. 48 HR would be reasonable set time before handling but, for any pressure vessel I would wait the one week to achieve full bond strength, per Weld-On data sheet(s).

... for any pressure vessel I would wait the one week to achieve full bond strength, per Weld-On data sheet(s).

They do give detailed information on the curing process and how much time achieves a complete cure. It varies with each product. Weldon 16 takes a full week. That's not the case with all of their products. Check their web site and you'll find that answers for each product.

When using Weldon, how long might it take before the residual dissipates and the tank is safe for salt water use? I understand a few days to a week or so is common for curing but I'd like to make certain the chemicals that cause the bond are absent.
"œResidual" as in left over solvents? This would depend on what type of Weld-On one uses. Example, Weld-On 3 is a very fast drying solvent any residual solvent would evaporate quickly.
I just used weld on 16 to make my sump of acrylic. The smell definitely went away after 48 hours. I've also read 48 hours should be about right for the curing
48 HR would be reasonable set time before handling but, for any pressure vessel I would wait the one week to achieve full bond strength, per Weld-On data sheet

"œResidual" as in left over solvents? This would depend on what type of Weld-On one uses. Example, Weld-On 3 is a very fast drying solvent any residual solvent would evaporate quickly. 48 HR would be reasonable set time before handling but, for any pressure vessel I would wait the one week to achieve full bond strength, per Weld-On data sheet(s).

They do give detailed information on the curing process and how much time achieves a complete cure. It varies with each product. Weldon 16 takes a full week. That's not the case with all of their products. Check their web site and you'll find that answers for each product.
I know:twitch:

Back