Well after a very long hiatus, I am returning to reef aquariums.

Nitroq2

I guess it's been around 6 to 7 years since I closed down my 90g mixed reef. Well kids are off to college and time is not such a hot commodity now, so I decided to take advantage of the dollar days and grabbed a 400 breeder tank. It's sitting in the floor waiting on a stand and canopy to be built. Debating a sump but thinking just some regular water changes will do the trick. Probably just a hob skimmer and maybe a canister filter for some charcoal. I see a few names from before still in here, you guys fill me in on all the current best value for the money equipment, LFS, and best place to order or pickup some rock and sand. If someone local drills tanks and installs overflows let me know, it may change my mind on a sump:)
Willie if you are still around check your Facebook or message me here.

Awesome! Very glad you're back!
You may have noticed we changed the name on here!
Alabama has a new Reef Club!
Check out the FB page mentioned in the description.
Anyways, I've gotten pretty good at drilling, and I thoroughly enjoy helping people design their tanks.
Where are you at?
I don't mind at all to help!

Awesome! Very glad you're back!
You may have noticed we changed the name on here!
Alabama has a new Reef Club!
Check out the FB page mentioned in the description.
Anyways, I've gotten pretty good at drilling, and I thoroughly enjoy helping people design their tanks.
Where are you at?
I don't mind at all to help!
I live near Warrior north of Birmingham. I see the name change at the time I left I was in CARC with folks like crafty that I see is still hanging out and Philip had just left town for his venture in Florida. We had a couple of hopping clubs Tomoko, Harry and the rest of crew had the North. Was just glad to see some familiar names :) I look forward to meeting all the new folks as well. I may take you up on drilling :) anyone currently here have 90g with nice stand bought from a couple between Cullman and Jasper? That would likely be my old tank :) febreeze was the nickname.

Lol! Nice nickname! Tomoko and Harry chime in time to time on here! We had a swap a few months back and I was able to meet quite a few people from NARC. Harry even set up as a vendor!

Welcome back! I had a bit of a break as well (5 or so years). RC isn't as popular with the AL group as it use to be. Most ppl are either on another forum or on the FB page now.

Welcome back! I had a bit of a break as well (5 or so years). RC isn't as popular with the AL group as it use to be. Most ppl are either on another forum or on the FB page now.
I will likely be hitting you up to purchase some coral. I am in no hurry though, going to do this right. Have decided to go sumpless and only put maybe 4 small fish in there.

Hey anytime when you're ready! I seem to be doing something right this go around and have lots of frags now.

184f82a25de894c15dbef1e0f9e64657.jpg
getting closer will paint the back glass this week. Next weekend will make door and canopy.

Looks good so far! I've always wanted to try one of those beacuse of the foot print. Nice workable space without having to worry too much on powerful lights.

Tank

Tank

Don't know if you would be interested but I went to a 150 and have decided to sell my 4x2x2 120 peninsula style glass tank, stand, canopy, sand, rock and get by t5 light. Looking to get 800 for everything. The only thing you would need to get it going is a pump.

Don't know if you would be interested but I went to a 150 and have decided to sell my 4x2x2 120 peninsula style glass tank, stand, canopy, sand, rock and get by t5 light. Looking to get 800 for everything. The only thing you would need to get it going is a pump.
Going to run the 40 while I think. Appreciate it though

It's got a lot worse with the "advancements" in technology, all the new fancy names for stuff, and with it being a little harder to import some stuff.

We have lights :) and a synergy overflow sitting in there waiting to be installed. Getting closer. Have 32 gallons of RODI should have remainder Friday when the rocks and sand arrive. Went with 55lbs of Walt Smith's ReefRock 2.1 and 60 lbs of Tropic Marine Mesoflakes live sand. The lights are from Mike at SB Reef lights after much study his lighting spectrum looked to be one of the best. Went with jebao dct-6000 on the return and jebao RW-4 for the powerhead. Will likely add another RW-4 depending on the flow from this one. Trying to take my time and do this one right, but the more I see the fish and coral the more anxious I get :) still have to get a sump and skimmer. uploadfromtaptalk1448504444855.jpg

Well after a very long hiatus, I am returning to reef aquariums.

Doors on stand today
3d135f0e67442222acea9a1fff81b3b2.jpg
and with it opened up
da78f3f860c2334d66ed7ad633177b0f.jpg

Back