Went house hunting today

brad23

Out of all the places we looked me and the wife only liked one. But I wasn't intrested in it because it looked like it would be to tight of a fit for a 180g.

It's kind of sad when the first thing you look for is a space for a tank in a new house.

Haha I am doing EXACTLY the same thing!!! Every house we look at, I'm scoping a good place for a 180. I just hope we're not going to end up bidding on the same house. Houses are overpriced in B/N as it is.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6935042#post6935042 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Yodeling
Haha I am doing EXACTLY the same thing!!! Every house we look at, I'm scoping a good place for a 180. I just hope we're not going to end up bidding on the same house. Houses are overpriced in B/N as it is.

Tell me about it, I've been looking all day and found a few that might work but one place had a good spot but there was no water source close to the place I wanted it to go in. So on to the next house.

We are house hunting as well and some of the best deals that we have found have been forclosure homes. I had really big problems at first trying to figure out if i was ok buying a home, but I talked to some people who had their homes taken away and essentially they cant do anything once its done. THe best free site I have found so far is.... http://hud2.towerauction.net/IL.htm or http://www.hud.gov/homes/homesforsale.cfm or try to find people who are prefoclosure, that is the best way to get a great deal and actually help someone out. Good luck searching and bidding.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6935340#post6935340 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brad23
Tell me about it, I've been looking all day and found a few that might work but one place had a good spot but there was no water source close to the place I wanted it to go in. So on to the next house.
Totally don't let lack of close water source bother you. I'll be figuring out the whole sweating of pipes pretty soon so I'll be able to help you out... and yeah PVC is CAKEWORK!!!
Make sure that where you want to put the take you can has the joists running perpindicular to the can AND you can brace under it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6944909#post6944909 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LegoZ81
Make sure that where you want to put the take you can has the joists running perpindicular to the can AND you can brace under it.

what did you just say???

:eek1:

Back