what corals for beginners

It's not an LPS like some sorta of brain. I think that IS a zoa? More along the lines of button polys, carpet mat, etc. They're usually just brown. Somebody will positively identify it for you. Either way.. it's an easy coral.

yea it looks like some kind of soft button polyp in my opinion. does it have a hard casing? stay away from hard corals for your first coral...... softies just seem alot easier to me. and about tha zoa toxin or whatever....... idk how youd get enough toxin on you to hurt you. i always handle my zoas and i have tons of different kind. never any problems. i try not to mess with all their slime though just because people keep posting about toxins and made me paranoid..... but i dont think its that much of a problem.

so its just a type of button then. probably pretty easy. most buttons are unless you get them sick. what is the other coral? or should i ask what does it look like?

brain corals are hard. and its a type of leather yes. very easy also. good additions. did you just find them on your rocks? or did you buy them?

i bought a very large piece of live rock and the guy at the store was lick wow look at that two nice pieces of coral on there already i thought they would of died in the tank they were held in

well thats pretty cool for hitch hikers lol. and erm.... im pretty sure its not tube coral. google image search tube coral and you see these huge tube structures. thats not what you have >.<. good luck with your freebies!

Back