What Corals should I have for a Nano tank that is low maintenance and hardy?

JohnnyDanger

What Corals should I have for a Nano tank that is low maintenance and hardy?

What are some cool looking corals that won't kill its neighbor or take over the tank too quickly and relatively hardy that would be suitable for a nano tank?

Welcome to RC!

What size tank are we talking about?

Many mushrooms can be pretty cool looking, though some can be invasive.

Many leathers such as toadstools and sinularia can be nice and aren’t very invasive at all but can grow large so may need regular fragging.

Many of your LPS are not necessarily neighbor friendly but can still fill a tank.

SPS, while generally pretty neighbor friendly can be sensitive and are recommended for more experienced reefers but there are definitely some that fall in the “hardier” category

I have a range of Nano tanks I can choose from, ranging from a Fluval spec 3 I think that is like 2.6 gallons with an integrated filter up to a 14 Gallon Aqueon cube. I plan on having some kind of automatic top-off system with distilled or RO water to keep the salinity stable.

Are there any hardier SPS you would recommend and that can survive on light alone or do the SPS style require regular feeding?

Is there a common assortment that people normally have for low maintenance nano tank?

I have a range of Nano tanks I can choose from, ranging from a Fluval spec 3 I think that is like 2.6 gallons with an integrated filter up to a 14 Gallon Aqueon cube. I plan on having some kind of automatic top-off system with distilled or RO water to keep the salinity stable.

Are there any hardier SPS you would recommend and that can survive on light alone or do the SPS style require regular feeding?

Is there a common assortment that people normally have for low maintenance nano tank?

Some of the hardier SPS include ones such as montipora, seriatopora, green slimer. All are generally fairly fast growers

Back