What do you think?

sirrealism

So I will be taking down my 55g reef next week, which has been fish less for many months. This morning when I turned the light on i spent a min looking close at it. The corals are doing really well in this tank and the pod population is crazy. I have a mandarin in one of my other tanks and was thinking about putting him in there for the week to have a feast before I take the tank down. Do you think this is a good idea? I dont want to stress my mandarin out by moving him. He is not thin but also not fat so I think it would be good for him.

Why not use this tank to breed Bangai Cardinals?

Very easy -

Plus you will being doing the a hobby a favor.

Just a thought.

And a good thought at that but I have to start taking down tanks "I have 5 reefs" to make room to set up the 300g. Taking this one down would make the wife happy. We all know happy wife = happy life or some crap like that. the tank itself is rough looking. Its a 55g over under set up so the top 55 is the display and the bottom 55 is the sump all on a rod iron stand. With the salt creep and the fact that its not drilled the stand is rusting and trying to rust stain my tile. It just looks like crap. Its mostly softies and zoas now as I got rid of the carpet nems. And the no fish is because the carpet nems eat the fish including the pair of saddle backs that had been in there for close to 2 years. Breeding fish is a great idea and maybe in the future but for now I need to down size.

+1, but don't forget to at least record a few minutes of video when you first throw him in there. It should make for an interesting video.

Back